Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased the Elite x3 two weeks ago directly from the HP online store AFTER confirming both in a chat and email with HP sales support that the current model 2CF75UT#ABA worked on the Verizon network.

However, much to my surprise and disappointment, Verizon refuses to activate it.   They claim that it is not a Verizon approved deviced.  In fact, they told me they had NO models of the x3 in any variation on their compatible device list.

I know that the Elite x3's being sold by the Microsoft Store are certainly being activated by Verizon.  Is that a different model number?  Has anyone on this forum gotten the 2CF75UT#ABA activated on Verizon and if so how?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Even the models purchased at the Microsoft store are not in their IMEI database. I pushed for an explanation and service to have the IMEI #'s I currently have added to their database, and I have yet to hear back from Verizon.

I too went through the verification process ahead of my purchase, and now have unusable devices for my colleagues.

HP Recommended

UPDATE:  The Elite x3 does work on Verizon ... as long as you buy the Verizon specific model, which is available only from the Microsoft Store.  Do NOT buy model 2CF75UT#ABA from the HP Online Store and expect it to work on Verizon even if HP tells you that it will.

The Microsoft model number is 2CF73UT#ABA.  MS also sells an unlocked Elite x3 but it has a different model number - make sure you get the "Elite x3 Verizon".

HP's x3 technical escalation support can be reached via 866-625-1175.  They explained that the hardware isn't the issue, but Verizon requires their own software build (something to do with call service range).  And the only way to get an Elite x3 with this special Verizon image is to buy the correct model from Microsoft.   They also warned that if the phone is reset with the wrong image it will no longer work on Verizon even if it was originally built as the Verizon model (resetting from the phone itself should be OK but you might want to double check with that support team first).   It probably would not be a good idea to buy it on eBay if you want it to work on Verizon!

I now have the correct model -- the Microsoft Store was very accomodating -- and migrating from my old Lumia 735 and activating the Elite x3 on Verizon has been a breeze.  

HP Recommended

Do you get 1X data while in a call?

Do your SMS services work over time?  Mine stop at random times, usually within 24 hours.

HP Recommended

Call Verizon, make sure VOLTE is active on your account.  This hardware requires it.  Fixed my plaguing problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.