Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've tried holding down the power button for like 20s until the screen goes black, then I just close the lid. However, it always seems to drain the battery. I think it only enters low-power standby and never actually turns off. That's really inconvenient, because I don't use the thing every day. Every couple weeks I go to pick it up and it's dead and I have to charge it again.

Is there a real way to turn this thing off? To clarify, I'm looking for a way to totally turn it off so it doesn't drain power and I can keep it in storage at like 50% charge. I'm on the latest firmware. Updated it at a Microsoft store last summer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI, 

i dont have a solution but i've noticed the same thing, i think the main components of the device is shut off by the power button but the NFC feature is still active and possibly the battery meter since it works  whether its off or on.

if there was a way to disable the NFC on the Lapdock that might help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HungL

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Part number: Y4T08AA

I don't think your other questions apply to this situation.

Are you familiar with the HP Lapdock accessory? It has a power button, but the device doesn't seem to actually turn off. I have tried briefly pressing the button, allowing the screen to turn off, then closing the lapdock. However, after a week the battery will be drained to zero. I have also tried holding the power button until the lapdock resets, then goes to a black screen. Closing the lapdock at that point will still leave the battery drained after a week.

Can you confirm that the HP Lapdock only supports a standby, lower power mode? It never actually turns off, right?

HP Recommended

HI, 

i dont have a solution but i've noticed the same thing, i think the main components of the device is shut off by the power button but the NFC feature is still active and possibly the battery meter since it works  whether its off or on.

if there was a way to disable the NFC on the Lapdock that might help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.