Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi everyone. I want to remove the rear case of my elite X3 for spraying automotive grade urethane clearcoat. I've done it before on other phones and it works really good. I'd like to preserve the letters "hp" and give my phone a one of kind look.

Anyone know of a video or article on how to remove the rear cover?
I've tried YouTube and the Internet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the back cover.  The entire device is sealed to preserve the IP rating and separation is not possible.  Sorry!

-Chris

I work for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the back cover.  The entire device is sealed to preserve the IP rating and separation is not possible.  Sorry!

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended
Want thinking about the IP texting. Good call!
HP Recommended

If the phone is ealed how would it be possible to replace the battery when necessary?

HP Recommended

You can attempt to do it yourself or send it to have it done. The way I see it, this battery will last into the 22nd century.

HP Recommended

Chris, who appears to have some expertise says otherwise and I should like some more specific details regarding the battery life.

Althought the spec is outstanding and I should like to purchase one, however; if the battery is not changable it's a lot of money to pay for say a year or two usage.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.