Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp elite x3

My hp elite x3 screen cracked and how much HP will charge for replacement.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello,

I work at HP.  Please give a call into the Elite x3 Support line for assistance.  (866)625-1175.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I just had one break.  

I am really quite bothered by the MILspec advertisements on the info pages for this phone.  less than a 2' drop and cracked screen.

replacement cost $500.  swap out unit with HP.

I work in construction, I have for over a decade and this is the first screen I have ever cracked.  for the multiple drops bumps and spills my phones have taken, this broke on the first little fall...  I am really dissapointed.  

update.  16 May 2017

I bought a replacement.  I love the phone!  fast, smooth, does nearly everything I want it to!

I connot recommend enough buying the ADP (accidental damage protection).  It is worth the $99 they charge.  

replacement plan.png

there is the 'item' number if you need it.  no deductible, just register your device with it when you buy it and they will repair or replace it.

Great phone, I really recommend it!

HP Recommended

@sitting_duck

Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended
Dear sirs at HP. I just dropped my X3 and the screen is toast. Where do I go? I will be in the Los Angeles area in a month. I live overseas right now
HP Recommended

I work at HP.  Please give a call into the Elite x3 Support line for assistance.  (866)625-1175

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem, my screen cracked with  less than a 1' drop.  HP gave me one and only one option -

replacement cost of $500 (swap out unit with new one, essentially make you buy a new phone) with no option to repair. 

If HP is not providing a cost effective solution to repair the broken glass, they are violating the law.  HP beware! 

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

£288 to replace the screen in the UK, I am totally disgusted. Never will buy from HP again. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I work for HP Elite x3 Support.  Give us a call and we will discuss the cost of replacing your unit.

1-866-625-1175  ask for Elite x3 Team member

Thanks

HP Recommended

Is there someone in the UK?

Will any further engagement result in anything other than more frustration?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.