Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Outlook update today 17.8241.41226.0 but stil not working on my lapdock 😞

HP Recommended

2 Outlook App updates since the last post, still outlook immediately crashes upon trying to open on HP Elite x3 Lapdock. Outlook try's to open but at best gets a white screen then crashes. Icon remains on the taskbar but is only in place holder mode not active even in multi task view. Phone appears to not be releasing the App to allow continuum to open Outlook App in UWP Mode. Outlook App in continuum mode just acts like you've opened it on your phone but never let's it switch from phone view to continuum view. Attempting to open it in continuum view immediately acts like you've just changed your mind and opened it on your phone leaving the icon on your continuum taskbar like it does when you disconnect your phone and it leave icons there to remember where you left off for the next time you connect in continuum. This is definitely a continuum issue and must be killing productivity for every company who implemented HP's solution. I mean of all the features not to work, email, what a nightmare. To add insult to injury its ONLY the Outlook App EVERYTHING else works flawlessly in continuum mode. Let every other app fail but Outlook and Web Browser for enterprise.....just file our Chapter 11 now for us. So much productivity time lost on this solution, what a shame.

HP Recommended

I'm significantly impacted by this issue as well. Very disappointing.

HP Recommended
Same for me, very disappointing! I was expecting HP to be a serious partner, supporting us. It's more than obvious, they are not and the concept is sadly given up! Let's go Android....
HP Recommended

Sadly, I think HP has abandon the X3 line.

I keep being re-assured in my HP case that this issue is being worked on, but a month, 5 mail app versions, an an  x3 firmware version later, and the issue persists.

If anyone in the X3 group @HP was actually using a lapdock, they'd realize in very short order it's quite unusable without the mail app functioning on it and the issue would have been fixed in days, not months.

Another clue, the "Contact Support" box in the HP device hub app on the x3 goes to a defunct webpage. I think all support for X3 has been removed.

I'm getting off the Lapdocks. Continuum the way HP did it was very nice, I put 3 of my guys on lapdocks,  but it actually has to work and stay working. Core apps like mail can't go down.

Really sad.

HP Recommended
Could not agree more with you 74blazer, you are speaking out my words. Thing is also, that HP with it's actual behavior did loose any credibility for me. How could I trust them again???? They told us all, how much committed they were. Very obviously not at all! I will definitely never ever again buy any high priced HP product. It's anyhow produced by a Chinese noname company. So if there is no support at all, I do not see any reason to not go for a Chinese Noname brand. I am sure, it won't be worse than with HP! Finally the fact, that nobody of HP is reading this blog, nobody does care about and nobody is bothered, that all of us are being left alone, does speak for itself!
HP Recommended
Another proof, they gave the entire X3 already up: Quite a while ago, numerous, clever accessories were announced ....... which never made it to reality 😳
HP Recommended

FINALLY! The production ring version 17.8400.40746.0  that came today finally fixed the issue!

I can dig the lapdock out and use it again. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for the update
HP Recommended
Latest fast ring also solved it 15245
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.