Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
elite x3
Other

When I turn the hotspot on, it thinks for a bit then says "The app from your mobile operator didn't respond in time"

but others are telling me they use it all the time.  What do i need to adjust to get this function to work?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

HP Recommended

Could be your mobile operator requires you pay xtra for mobile sharing. Check with them first. I use T-Mobile and can say I'm not charged xtra for Mobile Hotspot and it works with no problems on my elite X3. I use no added apps to get it working.

HP Recommended

I am told by my carrier (AT&T) that it is part of our plana nd no extra charges, it just uses the data shared by the devices on our plan.

wp_ss_20170520_0001.pngwp_ss_20170520_0002.png

this is the error i get...

wp_ss_20170520_0003.png

that is how it goes on my device.  no "app" is being used.  Just windows 10 settings>network and wireless>mobile hotspot.  I click the on off buton and shown in the first mage.  it sits on teh second image for ~10 seconds, then i get the third image.  thats all i get...

Any advice or clues would be greatly appreciated!  thanks

HP Recommended

My girlfriend has ATT and she has to pay extra to get this working. It currently doesn't work with her Lumia 950 as she's not paying the extra charge.

I had a Lumia 950XL and it worked with T-Mobile with no extra charges. It still works with my current phone, my Elite X3.

Perhaps your ATT people aren't enabling your account permission to use Tethering, or in other words, Mobile Hotspot. 

I know you say they have it included with your plan, but from what your error message reads, it looks like the problem is at the Mobile Operator's end. I understand that to mean your cell service provider.

HP Recommended

Hello 

i was just wondering if there was any extra steps you had to take to get it to work on TMOBILE as im trying to set up now and unable too

HP Recommended

Make sure your phone WiFi is off if you're the host offering the service. It's very simple if your cell phone service plan includes tethering. Just slide down the actions menu from the top screen and select Mobile hotspot. Thats it!

HP Recommended

Tried with the wifi off and on, and after reboot, and still no luck. I get the same error message that the OP described and showed in screen shots for T-Mobile. 

HP, please help.  but for this issue, this is a great device.

HP Recommended

Hi, are you still able to use on T-Mo, and if so, would you post what OS build is on you x3?

HP Recommended

I'm still on TMobile and am responding to your post via my Surface tablet connected to my EliteX3's Hotspot.

My phone's Windows version: 10.0.15063.608

phone Firmware: 0002.0000.0037.0001

My phone's hotspot doesn't work if I have WiFi on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.