Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DID YOU TEST UPDATE!!!!
HP Recommended
No good phones now. If Samsung brings the S8 or Note 8 to Windows? I'll be back. Surface Phone has to be a game changer or Windows Phone is dead....
HP Recommended

Ok, I wondered why my battery being eaten so fast, despite promises to extend stand by time in Creators Updae.

Confirm. Sometimes power off button cease to function. 

Funny, they bringing no any significant new functionality, but only troubles. 🙂

HP Recommended

Why is this thread marked as SOLVED is odd as the issue still persists and there hasn't been an update. I have to reboot my device at least 2 times a day because it either shows the screen on all the time or blacks out and it is unusable. Not sure if HP is working on a fix, would be good if they could provid at least some update. I'm going to open a ticket and see what they'll come back with.

Couple of more details about my device:

HP Elite X3

Windows 10 Mobile

Version: 1703

OS build: 10.0.15063.297

Firmware: 0002.0000.0026.0118

Hardware: 1.0.0 (R-DS)

Bootloader: 520271

Radio: 1.0.0.0

Chip SOC: 8996

HP Recommended

I suppose that thread was marked as SOLVED by mistake. If you will have anything new from HP please let us know. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have had 2 of these now for a month or so.  Love them, then came the update last week.  I was having to power+vol dwn to reset the phone 4 and 5 times a day.  Like everyone else said it was freezing the screen, some times on, some times off.  I noticed it seemed to happen when I was texting a lot and turning the screen on and off a lot.  

I switched from default message app (which I love for its simplicity) to skype as my default messaging app.  knock on wood, this is day three and still going strong.

Skype is not my favotire app, it tries to include too much... and it is harder to go straight to the contact i am working with... minor issues.

I did restart it today, but it was not frozen and was unrelated.  

Side note - Also with the update my sd card has not been demounting/unmounting randomly.  I had my other phone first and it never had the SD card issue so I wasn't familiar with the aggrivation everyone else was having.  then the one I am using now arrived and it started dropping the SD card randomly.  retarded...  since the update last week seems to have helped that issue.  i am able to access it now any time and no more unmounting that I know of.

Please reply to this and let me know if the messanger app switch helps you too.  Thanks

Windows phone affecionado-

Sitting Duck

HP Recommended
I don't use messaging that much, but have these symptoms non the less. Am trying your suggestion now, just switched this setting in System>Messaging (guessing that's what you meant).

Using the lapdock I have sometimes have white noise again, which was solved in a previous update of the lapdock firmware. It's now also stating that continuum has issues with the lapdock when I connect the phone to the lapdock.
This all started after the latest update of my phone. I am not sure if it was a hp firmware or a windows 10 update, (i think the latter).
Anybody who can confirm this?
HP Recommended
2 week with everyday rebooting - is HP support abandoned?
HP Recommended
I feel your pain. It sucks that I can't use the wall charger to charge my phone. Have carry a portable charger to charge my phone or use wireless at home (if I don't. I'll get the SD card issue on my phone). This never happened until I updated to the Creator update. If a fix doesn't happen soon. I'm done with HP. Will see if MS phone comes out this fall? If not. Done with WP and going back to Samsung Note 8...
HP Recommended

Update, Sittin_duck's work around, messaging configured on skype, did not solve the problem for me. My Elite x3 is still going black a couple of times a day (system>messaging set to skype), with the result of having to restart the phone as the only resolve. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.