Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Only Viber doesn't have support on Windows mobile, everything else works perfect!

HP Recommended

Hi Nicke85, I not agree at your opinion, please correct me if I'm wrong,  Waze doesn't work, neither maps, spotify works, but cortana always stop it and I can't disable cortana, no enhancements for the camera, neither a decent app for it, also suddenly closes  your apps while you are using it, do you want to search for a contact from dial menu? ( as you do with other Mobile SO) you can't, neither shortcuts to whatsapp, to text messages, also the baddest news from my country are shown on news, GPS apps sometimes works. 

HP Recommended

Everyone seems to be moving away from the point here.

The issue here is we want HP to give us the info to set up Android on the HP Elite X3.

HP cannot do anything about Windows 10 Mobile and the cluster ***k that Microsoft made it.  I admit, I would rather use a Windows 10 Mobile device if it was still developed, but that is over, done, finished, never coming back.  We cannot complain to HP about the lack of apps, or to make the phone work with Win 10 because it is out of their hands in that part.

What we can do, and HP should be doing, is releasing the Android ROM for the device.  It has been told multiple times that HP worked on an Android Rom for a new Elite X3 model, so we know there is one out there somewhere. 

HP, please help your loyal customers and release the Android information needed so we can make use of the Elite X3.  The hardware is beautiful (With exception to the camera).

HP Recommended

I agree that HP should make parallel android rom development for HP Elite X3. Or maybe double boot recovery for Android+Windows together. Microsoft has a plenty of their apps on android now and rom can be Microsoft based with MS+HP launcher I don't care just to be android. Also on android is posible to overclock cpu and gpu, and to chage file system etc so HP Elite x3 will be better with android. Personaly I don't know why Microfot made apps for android if there is no any Micfrosoft based rom for android devices and expecially HP Elite x3.
Regards

HP Recommended

Hi .. any news? HP interested in my offer? does anyone know how can I turn Elite X3 into Android? At least how can I make Zoiper Work?

HP Recommended

Unforatunely I don't think anyone is listening. Maybe us consumers could come up with a business case for a HP executive to propose to his\her boss 🙂 I'd happily fork out a bit more money (as already suggested) to run Android on this awesome phone. The hardware is awesome. New phones are still coming out with stuff the Elite X3 already has. It's a shame the software (Apps and Drivers) just aren't up to scratch. It almost feels like HP haven't realised how good a phone they've built? Or the internal HP team that did were fired due to the committment to Windows OS - haha.

[edit]

HP Recommended

I agree entirely.

HP Recommended

@Sirsabre1 wrote:

HP cannot do anything about Windows 10 Mobile and the cluster ***k that Microsoft made it.

HP could at least unlock bootloader to make deploying ARM version of desktop Windows 10 possible, like community did on Lumia 950/950XL. Unfortunately,  it's community can't do anything with Elite x3 unless HP unlock bootloader on this smartphone.

HP Recommended

Here is info how to unlock HP elite X3 bootloader and install WOA or android. I think that WOA is a way better.Chears.

https://gus33000.me/2019/01/05/secureboot-flaw-for-all-wp-devices-literally/

HP Recommended

@nicke85 wrote:

Here is info how to unlock HP elite X3 bootloader and install WOA or android. I think that WOA is a way better.Chears.

https://gus33000.me/2019/01/05/secureboot-flaw-for-all-wp-devices-literally/

Is anyone actually tried to unlock bootloader on HP Elite x3 this way? Is there working WOA or Android builds that include drivers specific to HP Elite x3?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.