Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X3
HP, Please make a way for me to install Android on the Elite X3. I have long ditched Windows 10 and the Elite X3 in favor of the Galaxy Note 8, but I hate seeing $600 of my hard earned money just sitting in a drawer doing nothing. Please make this happen so I can use it as a backup phone if needed. I will assume all the liabilty... just give me a way to wipe this godforsaken disgrace of an operating system off of this device. Thank you.
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended
Maybe you did a mistake buying an HP Elite x3, the device is excellent in the way it is
HP Recommended
I didn't make a mistake purchasing the Elite X3. I made a mistake putting my faith in Microsoft. Microsoft right now is like a kid with low attention span. They see one technology that catches their attention and off they go trying to capitalize on it instead off innovating. Examples Zune, Skype, Encarta, Bing, IOT, Nokia Cellphones, and now Windows Mobile. I blame myself because i should've seen this coming. When Windows Mobile came out, I was like .... FINALLY! But after two months of using it, I realized it just wasn't ready for prime time. The Microsoft App store is still non existent. It lacks the popular apps that are prevalent in the Apple and Android marketplaces. HELL! To this day, Microsoft still has not figured out the cause of Elite X3's camera or memory card problems. So, I made no mistake purchasing the Elite X3. I made the mistake of purchasing an overhyped and underdeveloped idea of a phone that could function as your laptop...but it doesn't even do that well either. So keep living in that world of denial. Pretty sure, it won't exist anymore.
HP Recommended
I agree.

HP, please assist us with being able to root the device and install Android as we have spent hundreds of dollars on your device and promises were not kept. Yes, they were not kept by Microsoft, but you partnered with them and still have a responsibility to your customers.

Please help us use this device to its proper capacity, I actually love the phone, but Microsoft destroyed any hope of keeping the phone going.

We need you, and now is the time to show that you support your customers.
HP Recommended

AGREE

No more instagram for mobile platform today

Plase provide us an Android rom.

HP Recommended

Microsoft and HP offer plenty of support, especially for the given lifespan of this phone which would be 2-4 years. 

Not sure there was a point on starting this thread. Try xda developers site.... 

HP Recommended
You kind of know what you're getting with Windows phone at this point, and that's "whatever's already there is all you'll get"

Now an android compatibility layer would be awesome but I don't see it happening.
HP Recommended

It is really a shame, I have and HP Ipaq, HP TX1000, HP Omen and now the HP Elite X3, I bought when it release and I spent $850 for nothing, my 2 years olds daughter uses it to watch videos, the hardware is great (even the leather cover), but Windows Phone is like a kick on ... you know, sorry for my language but it is really frustrating  to deal with windows, I would like to have the news on my main screen you couldn't, what I got? All the gossips news from local people, and when you try to modify it, you can't, no apps for that, severe lack of apps, for instance to set a simple ringtone I have to do many and many steps, but with my samsung Galaxy 6 it could be done in 1 step, no waze working on windows, no google maps, even the camera takes bad pictures in comparison with SG6, I have to suffer to search a contact, and I dont know how to search a contact from many of the menus, it is really really bad thing.

Windows phone is not ready as a mature SO for mobile and HP people we blame at you to put this on this device, If you don't do something to enable install android on this you will lose many people who trusted on you, next time I will buy apple o samsung.

I hope HP people take notice of this, what a way to spoil so nice hardwared, dammit window phone 10!

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm located in Colombia .. Windows is not sold here, but I decided to make the difference and fell into a pit.  The few Apps we cand find in "Store" have serious problems to work or don't work at all.  I had to invest another USD.700 for a Cell Phone that really works for personal and job things .. and kept the Elite X3 waiting for the miracle of an Android version built for it .. or an emulator .. or virtual machine.. what ever helps the Best Mobile Phone Ever!! to work as expected.  

Thanks!!!!

HP Recommended

I'd pay if HP confirms the Elite X3 would be operable with iOS or Android . Usd.200 for built verion of iOS Android (6 or higher) .. I wnat my phone to be really a 3 in 1, but I'd be happy just with having a phone that behaves like a mobile phone.  in Windows 10 Moble the scarse apps don't work properly .. so I make this offer: Usd. 200 to make my cellphone really works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.