Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite x3
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My phone kept restarting at night. I assume it was updates. NOW MY SIM TRAY NOT WORKING!!!! PLEASE FIX!!!! It will not work. Then it will work.... I'll get message "No sim or Sd card removed". I HADN'T REMOVED ANYTHING!!! Then when restart phone NO SIM OR SD CARD!!! MAKES PHONE USELESS!!! PLEASE FIX CRAP ASAP!!! CANNOT USE MY PHONE. MISSING CALLS AND TEXT!!!!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

please backup your data from the tablet

perform factory reset on the unit 

for win tablet check in device manager - sim and sd card 

Regards,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
HP Recommended
This is not a tablet. It's the Elite X3 phone. Shouldn't have to reset my phone after an update. My phone never had a Sim not present issue. Never had an issue with the Sim trey. Had Sd card issues in the past. But was fixed with update. Now the last update messed up the Sim Trey issue. I have a new X3 that was still in box never used. Was going to sell it. But with all the X3 problems. Decided to hold onto it. I put the Sim Trey from the new phone into the old one (No Sim or Sd card issues). Before phone would freeze up multiple times a day. Taking of wall charger would cause phone to freeze. Wake in the morning phone would be frozen (locked up). I believe due to the Sim Trey issue (not reading Sim or Sd card).... JUST WANT PHONE TO WORK. I Paid for it to WORK...
HP Recommended

Hi DMatthews,

This may be a hardware issue.  I suggest you call HP and tell them your issue.

-Chris

I work for HP.
HP Recommended
Call what number?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.