Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (620 Views)
Accepted Solution

Suggested Improvements for next HP Elite x3

Product Name: HP Elite x3
Operating System: Other

After using the HP Elite x3 for a while, I have the two below ideas to improve the device:

1. I'm outdoors several hours per day using the Elite x3 but the screen is not easily viewable in sunlight (whether direct or indirect sunlight).  My old Lumia 640XL worked wonderfully outdoors and actually looked better in direct sun.  If there is a way to improve the outdoor screen view quality during daylight hours, that would be a meaningful improvement to the Elite x3.  My experiences with the iphone 7 and the Lumia 640XL have been significantly better outdoors than with the Elite x3 so maybe using similar screen technology could help the Elite x3.

2. It would be helpful to provide the user with the ability to disable the Windows button for second or two while typing. When using SMS or typing an email, it's easy to accidently touch the Windows button and that action instantly opens the home screen and leaves the message I was typing.  Just like some Windows laptops can disable a touchpad while typing on the keyboard, it would be helpful to have a similar setting for the Elite x3 Windows button even if it's one or two seconds while using the keyboard.

Accepted Solution

Re: Suggested Improvements for next HP Elite x3

Hi there,

Great feedback.  I will share this with the development team.

Regarding #2, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the Windows key.  I also find myself accidentally hitting the Windows key when typing an SMS or email and this is one way to avoid that.

Thanks!

View solution in context
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 8 (552 Views)

Hi there,

Great feedback.  I will share this with the development team.

Regarding #2, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to hide the Windows key.  I also find myself accidentally hitting the Windows key when typing an SMS or email and this is one way to avoid that.

Thanks!

-Chris

I work for HP.
Tutor
Message 3 of 8 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]

The biggest improvements I see would be a raised bezel around the main screen and around the main camera lens to protect it from... any thing, also the more actual buttons the better, windows, back, and search buttons would make this amazing.  

really water resistant would go a long way too.  

I can't figure out why all these realy expensive items that people take everywhere are so fragile.  it confuses me...

Update 16 May 2017

After using two of these for a month... 

Needs to be able to be on Verizon!!!!! several companies make phones that work on anything.  Why can't these?

faster camera, low light camera would be good too.  Slightly rugged/tough would be huge for mobile people.  louder speakers.  I don't need car stereo bass, just a little louder.  

Intern
Message 4 of 8 (390 Views)

1. Well any new device needs to have the SD card issue fixed before release for sure. 

2. There needs to be a certification done for NFC payments that way the phone can use them AS ADVERTISED. 

3. Add multiple monitor support for continuum

4. camera Improvements. 

5. Windows 10 on ARM!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (259 Views)

Hi!

1.There is another critical improvement necessary - camera focusing improvement. If you want take a photo in distance longer than approximately 1 meter then you will have just blurred picture. On shorter distances pictures are ok.

2. necessary to unlock in sttings camera resolutin selection - now its fixed in 10M and disabled for changing.

Provost
Message 6 of 8 (242 Views)

gunis2013 wrote:

Hi!

1.There is another critical improvement necessary - camera focusing improvement. If you want take a photo in distance longer than approximately 1 meter then you will have just blurred picture. On shorter distances pictures are ok. [snip]

The camera focus issue may be an issue with your unit.  My x3 will autofocus from a few inches to at least 15'.  It is dark outside now and I have not tried it outside so I do not know how it will work for long distance.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (232 Views)

In good light conditioins pictures ar more or less ok. And in short distances pictures ar very good. It looks like some software problems more than hardware, but any way I will try find HP service point.

Tutor
Message 8 of 8 (210 Views)

Please replace the current double tap to wake feature with double tap known from Lumia devices. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation