Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 7 (1,097 Views)

Tap to pay?

Product Name: Elite X3 phone
I made the jump from apple to the HP elite X3 assuming I wasn't going to lose any functionality of the phone except for in the camera area. I would like to know why it would seem the X3 doesn't support tap to pay even though it has all the hardware and an OS that supports it?? Is this something we will see soon?
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (1,087 Views)

Re: Tap to pay?

Hi,

This is something to do with Microsoft (Windows). It uses an application called Wallet, currently only available on some Windows phones. I think they will rolling out soon:

http://www.windowscentral.com/wallet-20-nfc-tap-pay-now-rolling-out-windows-10-mobile-fast-ring

They have to make this right. It's your money isn't it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (793 Views)

It is not an issue with Microsoft Wallet, it is entirely with HP. Wallet has supported NFC payments since June, it is working on the Lumia 920, 930, 830, 650, and 950. Microsoft requires the phone to go through a certification procedure to get the feature enabled (smart), but HP has elected not to do so even though the hardware is completely capable (not smart).
Intern
Message 4 of 7 (710 Views)

Place PayPass card inside the pocket in the leather case. Just it... Will work 100% as a tap to pay. This IS Microsoft way, I suppose.

Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (667 Views)

Like I said before, it's not MS, tap to pay works just fine with the Lumia 950 (albeit with a limited number of supported banks).
Intern
Message 6 of 7 (518 Views)

Can anyone from HP weight in on this? The phone has been out 6 months and you still havent got the phone certified for NFC payment? This is more than a little frustrating. Thank you NotBatman.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 7 of 7 (419 Views)

Bump. I see Tap To Pay as being able to be turned on but until HP goes through the device certification process with Microsoft it wont integrate with Wallet. Can anyone at HP comment?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation