Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I think it's time for HP to start recalling the phone and issuing refunds!

Here's why:

Right now, all phone competitor's phones come with features that are not only standard, but they are expected from the consumer. The HP Elite X3 phone is undoubtably a powerful computing machine but it suffers from so many auxiliary shortcomings.

No (NFC) Tap & Go or Pay applications.

A crippled web browser (Edge) that is incompatible/incapable of viewing certain websites.

A very poor app marketplace.

No productive desktop applications available without purchase of additional service (virtual access).

No applications to connect to third party provided by apple, amazon, or google streaming libraries (without clients).

A variety of Bluetooth problems when connected to external components (Garmin Fitness watches, GoPro cameras).

Bluetooth mouse works with desktop tiles, but fails on Microsoft edge browser.

Memory cards fail when Bluetooth feature is enabled and connected to certain devices. 

Camera has trouble focusing when taking picture (sometimes screen blacks out for a few seconds after taking one).

Video Recorder doesn't stop recording when stop button is pressed.

Screen is unresponsive to finger interactions (touch, pinch, and expand).

Random rebooting.

Can't stream video wirelessly to larger TV's  (Netflix).

The desktop tiles don't rotate when the phone is rotated.

No available accessories exist for it beyond the Amazon realm (ex: cases).

Hp, I have been patient, I have waited, I have helped by contributing glitches reports on the forum  but I want a refund. This phone is crippled and I don't think it will be ready anytime this year or next. I fear that any day now, Microsoft will drop support for this devices and high tail it. HP please contact me or send a form so I can start the refund process. Both you and Microsoft have produced a grossly inferior product. I'm going to post this review everywhere I can warning people not to purchase this device. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Still waiting for my refund. I'm going to continue to ask this question until I get one. HP thinks silence and ignoring me is the solution, but this is only the beginning. I intend to start a social media campaign against HP which will only get bigger over time. [Content Removed]

HP Recommended

I'm giving them a chance still. During autumn I'll ask for refund if problems won't go away. That's my plan.

HP Recommended

You do realize that at least some of these are purely OS limitations from Microsoft and have nothing to do with the phone HW itself, right?  Believe me, I share your frustrations...

HP Recommended

I agree.  I would like a refund!!!!  I know this was not HP's intention, however, I paid $1000 for this phone in February, and it is already a discontinued model as Microsoft is not going to develop anything for it and pretty much close Windows Mobile.  The Elite X3 has not even been released for a full year os of yet.

I think HP should refund the full price.  OR, I am willing, if HP is building, a full price credit towards the new Windows on ARM ultramobile device.

Come on HP, give some answers.

HP Recommended

I have been more than patient dealing with the phone. The phone has already been discontinued! It's only fair that HP issues a refund for a nightmarish device. Giving me a refund will restore my confidence in HP. If I don't get a refund, HP will be blacklisted in our household. No consumer product made by HP will ever be allowed into my home again. I won't buy any printers, printing paper, all-in-ones, servers, and computers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.