Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP elite book x360 1030 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

My organization is rolling over a select few employees to HP Elite book x360 1030 g2 models. ideally we would like to use the HP Zbook Thunderbolt 3 dock to dock the monitor, mouse, keyboard, ethernet connectivity and any oher periphial. The Dock does not seem to be working properly.

The Display Port, power supply, and network connectivity work fine, however, the usb ports on the dock and on the elite book do not work, so connecting peripherals that use usb have no functionality. 

Over and ethernet connection I have tried to  re-install the HP Thunderbolt 3 dock firmware but unfortunately the firmware install does detect the thunderbolt when it is plugged in and therefore will not proceed with the installation. It reads a message that says "Please attach the computer to the docking station".  I also have tried to update the BIOS.  Lastly, I attepmted to re-install the "Conexant USB Audio Dirvers for Docks" driver with no luck as it reached 95% adn would not budge.

I would also like to add that I previously installed every driver available for the HP elite book x360 1030 g2 on the HP website and every thing seemingly went smoothly. However we know that is not the case.

Can someone please help? Any suggestions are welcome

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I am having this exact issue with the same docking station. Have you found a solution? 

HP Recommended

Make sure you are using the correct power supplies with the docks.

For the EliteBooks and ProBooks we've deployed, the laptops shipped with 65W power adapters and the docks shipped with 90W power supplies. Using the laptop power supplies with the docks caused the behavior you are both encountering.

Hope this helps,

James

HP Recommended

OK, I have the docking station power supply attached to the docking station yet I experience the same problem

HP Recommended

Same problem. So... I guess no one is going to answer this?

HP Recommended

@shaw_brandon wrote:

Hello all,

My organization is rolling over a select few employees to HP Elite book x360 1030 g2 models. ideally we would like to use the HP Zbook Thunderbolt 3 dock to dock the monitor, mouse, keyboard, ethernet connectivity and any oher periphial. The Dock does not seem to be working properly.

The Display Port, power supply, and network connectivity work fine, however, the usb ports on the dock and on the elite book do not work, so connecting peripherals that use usb have no functionality. 

Over and ethernet connection I have tried to  re-install the HP Thunderbolt 3 dock firmware but unfortunately the firmware install does detect the thunderbolt when it is plugged in and therefore will not proceed with the installation. It reads a message that says "Please attach the computer to the docking station".  Audacity Find My iPhone Origin I also have tried to update the BIOS.  Lastly, I attepmted to re-install the "Conexant USB Audio Dirvers for Docks" driver with no luck as it reached 95% adn would not budge.

I would also like to add that I previously installed every driver available for the HP elite book x360 1030 g2 on the HP website and every thing seemingly went smoothly. However we know that is not the case.

Can someone please help? Any suggestions are welcome

I think that the PCs sent with 65W power connectors and the docks dispatched with 90W power supplies. Utilizing the PC control supplies with the docks caused the conduct you are

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.