cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

desk dock lan utilisation

HP Recommended
Elite x3 Desk Dock

Just a quick question: does the x3 actually use the LAN connection of the desk dock. To me it seems it does not. There seems to be no LAN settings in Windows 10 Mobile when docked.

If not, is it planned to utilise the DeskDock LAN connectivity by x3 in the near future?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Level 3
20 18 1 8
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes it works.

I tried it on my HP Elite x3 by disabling cellular and WiFi and plugging in an ethernet cable. I was able to e.g. update my Garmin maps, which was a 3GB download. (Note that that is super-fast as wired is typically much faster than wireless.)

Also email, WhatsApp and Edge browser worked as normal.

There are indeed no settings to configure, but most networks are DHCP / autoconfig anyway.

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I am currently on a business trip w/o the dock and will try when coming home on Friday. Thanks fpr the hint.

I thought I actually tried that but maybe did not give it enough time to switch network connection. I think I disabled WIFI/Mobile when already docked.

Anywho, I'll get back here once verified.

:generic:

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked it and it works if yoou manually de-activate WLAN and Mobile connectivity. Would be great if the phone would use LAN automatically when docked like laptops can do.

Probably it is a matter of interface configuration within Windows Mobile but I don't see any possibility via configuration screen.

Anyway, i consider my question answered.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 6
Level 6
559 537 28 100
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes, the LAN does work when you plug your x3 into the desk dock with an active connection.  Unfortunately, the Windows Mobile OS does not have a good interface to check/verify the connection.  You can tell anecdotally by testing the connection speeds or you can be certain by disabling wifi and cellular data.

-Chris

I work for HP.
0 Kudos
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

didn't start a new thread ,

About utilisation, is there a way to access shared files on are local network? a app or work around? when we working on docking with LAN connection.
now i put everything in onedrive, and a access them on that way, it would be faster if i  could access our data server  without the internet. (windows 2008 storage essential).

Or iscsi is also a solution, but i guess it's not compatible with continuum .

0 Kudos
Level 3
38 30 1 5
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I access Elite X storage via LAN / docking port? from my PC?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation