Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 102 (1,009 Views)

x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!

Product Name: X3 elite
Operating System: Other

X3 elite Windows 10 mobile.

was working well for about 2 weeks. but recently, it keep on giving notification saying I have removed my SD card.  BUT MY CARD IS STILL INSIDE AND NOT REMOVED.  I HAVE NOT DROP THE PHONE either.

this can occur about 2-3 times a day! I have to keep reinserting my SD card!

Rebooting have not helped either.

Intern
Message 2 of 102 (946 Views)

Re: x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!

I think I found a work around. After reformatting my SD w/ exFat, then on system>storage, i set everything to use SD card except for Windows App programs. I kept that to use Device.
since, I have no more spontaneous "sd card was removed" error.

Intern
Message 3 of 102 (865 Views)

changing App location worked for a while, but I ended up resetting my x3. It also worked for a while, but problem recurred again. finally got a x3 replacement, but guess what, it recurred with the replacement x3.

tried 2 different Scan disk 64 gig. same problem. i'm beginning to feel this is an x3 problem. not the tray or defective phone.

Intern
Message 4 of 102 (576 Views)

This issue is still unresolved

Tutor
Message 5 of 102 (562 Views)

I have the same problem with my HP X3 popping up with the SD Card Disconnected error.   Sometimes it happens multiple times a day, sometimes it will go a day or two without it happening, but it will inevitably happen.  It has nothing to do with dropping the phone.  It just happened to me a few minutes ago sitting in the desktop charger.  I didn't even touch it, the notice just turned on the phone.  I have a bad feeling this might be one of the reasons there is a new version of the HP X3 being sold soon.  The replacement X3 was recently shown at MWC 2017.  Just search "news" on the "new HP X3" and you will see multiple articles.  Some people say it might be an X4, but it looks identical to the X3.  It probably is just the "fixed" version of the one we all have now.  This is an extremely expensive phone to have a defective SD reader.  I love this phone, but seriously, this is a major problem having to reboot to access data on the SD card all the time.  This is why being a first adopter is a horrible idea, but there are absolutely zero competitors to this phone.  *SIGH*

Mike

Honor Student
Message 6 of 102 (520 Views)

I'm Italian and I'm using this phone too, but I'm facing the same problem as many users are reporting. I've got an SD removing alert without touching the SD, so I've restarted the phone and the problem seems to be solved. HP should investigate this problem and fix it with a new firmware update. Hoping they're already working on it.
Master's Graduate
Message 7 of 102 (495 Views)

Hi all,

Please call HP and let them know what issue you are seeing.  They may be able to replace your SIM tray.

Thanks,

-Chris

I work for HP.
Intern
Message 8 of 102 (490 Views)

ChrisT, you may not have read all the previous posts in this thread. We have all been sent multiple trays and some replacement phones. This issue persists and is not related to the tray in any way. This is a firmware/software issue that HP need to devote some resources to fixing. It is quite frustrating to hear this same rhetoric over and over. If the tray was bad, the card wouldnt mount in the first place. Many people are reporting, including myself, that turning off NFC and TTP resolves or mitigates the issue. We need HP to step up here!

Tutor
Message 9 of 102 (480 Views)

I somehow missed the suggestion to turn off NFC and the Tap-To-Pay on that same screen.  I just turned them both off and will report back if this has either helped or solved the problem.  I've rebooted my phone twice already just today because of that SD card dismounting.  The phone is sitting on the cradle and not touched - it just vibrates to tell me I disconnected the SD card (which I obviously did not). This has nothing to do with the tray. It is either software/firmware related or my worst fear is there is a hardware defect, which is only reinforced by the announcement of an "updated" X3.  I love this phone but the SD card error is a SERIOUS problem. HP needs to address this via either a SW/Firmware fix or recall the phones and replace them once the new "updated" X3 comes out. 

Has turning off the NFC and TTP completely solved the problem for others?

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
Intern
Message 10 of 102 (474 Views)

So far I'm over 48hrs without a disconnect. BT on. TTP and NFC off. 200gb card in use.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation