Post new question
Question
x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!
Replies (159)

Intern
Message 41 of 160 (477 Views)

Re: x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!

Where do I go to start a case with HP? SD Card issues is getting worse.
Tutor
Message 42 of 160 (435 Views)

03-05

yesterday I did receive a new simcard holder and still the same issue, disconneting without touching the device.

Did stop using BT and no change problem persist.

04-05

Almost a day without sd disconnection, only nfc and ttp of. Samsung micro SD 256gb. After a week I will test if, it with ncf and ttp on will come back. Just to help HP/W10M to get the device running without issues. Its a marveless smartphone.

08-05

Going to switch NFC on again, letts wait what happens. TTP of, have no pay method with my phone.

Intern
Message 43 of 160 (432 Views)

This is the last response I got from Support.

"Trying to get info on the known SD card disconnect bug that they found in RS2 update. I am not sure if they have patched it yet, meaning it could affect all versions out there. My contact in mobility R&D was out of office today, so waiting for a reply."

Tutor
Message 44 of 160 (417 Views)

Since I have turned off NFC and TTP, I have not had any specific errors around the SD card being removed.  This has been a good month or so.  However, since then, I have constant, daily lockups with the phone.  One of 2 things happens, either the screen goes blank and it stops being responsive in any way, or the screen goes blank and it appears to be still "ON" as the red light trying to scan me works, and so does the fingerprint reader, however the screen refuses to go on, so in either case it has to be rebooted.  It does ask me if I want to scan the SD card after rebooting, but it never finds any errors.

Is this the same issue others are having, or are you specifically getting the SD card disconnect error with the phone still working normally (other than no SD card)?

Thanks everyone.  Hopefully HP and Microsoft get their crap together, but it appears they really don't care about the mobile community.  This is looking like HP just likes tossing money away in the mobile category.  How much did they lose torching Palm and WebOS?  Now they spend more money on this stupid Windows Mobile phone that doesn't even work correctly.  Last chance, HP!  The community is tired of you not standing behind your products to solve this problem that has been going on for what, almost a YEAR now?

Mike

Intern
Message 45 of 160 (408 Views)

That same screen issue happened to me this past Saturday. But I had the folio case on phone. Never happened when I had the other cases on my phone. The SD card issue still happens. Did it this morning. Bit not since. I also didn't restart the phone. It seemed the phone read the card. It asked me to do a scan.
Tutor
Message 46 of 160 (405 Views)

I use the Folio Case as well.  It could have something to do with that, but I'm not sure.  Microsoft Insider Updates kept having issues not turning off with the case/magnet/light/whatever causing the issues.  That part appears to be fixed but I'm not sure why the X3 goes "blank" all the time.  It seems to do it a lot when taking it off the charger.  I've had it happen 5-10 times in a day.  It's extremely frustrating to say the least and this phone is not quick to reboot.

Mike

Intern
Message 47 of 160 (401 Views)

Not only not quick to reboot, but none to fast to shut down or in fact anything else. Remarkable how slow this thing is. I attribute some of that to MS10 spyware but still no speed demon.

Intern
Message 48 of 160 (396 Views)

SAME HERE. I use to be a die hard Windows Phone guy (Best phone to me was the HD 2 by HTC. Was a Windows phone but could run Android also). Then I went to Android with the Note 4. Will get the Note 8 when it comes out. Android just has more for your money. More features you would use. Windows is to limited at the moment. I spent $1400 for the HP Elite X3 Bundle (phone, desk dock, lap dock). NOT ALL THAT HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Waiting to see IF and when the Surface Phone will be out? If it's not great or never comes out. I'm done with Windows Phone.....
Tutor
Message 49 of 160 (382 Views)

I believe the next iteration of Windows Phone won't be the Phone OS, it will be a full OS running on ARM.  It may be stripped down or be locked to the store similar to the Win 10-S version, but it will be able to run full W32 apps.  Absolutely no one is writing apps for Windows Phone anymore, so Microsoft is trying to force them to at least use UWP and the store.  Then apps are just tied to system specs.

That's what all the MS insiders seem to think.  Maybe this is HP's plan as well.  The next X3 might be ARM/UWP?  Or the next Palm Pre?  Time will tell.  MS Build is coming up and Inspire (WPC) is in July.

Mike 

Intern
Message 50 of 160 (377 Views)

If you look @ what Microsoft is doing (putting more of there apps on Android). Makes me wonder? How committed is Microsoft to WP?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation