Post new question
Question
x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!
Replies (95)

Intern
Message 51 of 96 (145 Views)

Re: x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!

To me. Running full Windows on a phone is useless (the screen has to be 6.4 or bigger).
Intern
Message 52 of 96 (140 Views)

Yes I know. You would use the phone with lap dock. You're still carrying two devices. Why not carry your phone and Surface Pro?
Intern
Message 53 of 96 (135 Views)

I do think the SD card issue happens when I take it off the charger? Will plug into my car charger and then put it on wireless charger to see what happens?
Intern
Message 54 of 96 (116 Views)

Just an update. Hasn't had SD card issue since this morning. But I haven't charged the phone all day. It's working fine So far. I believe the issue is coming from taking phone off wall charger??? Will charge rest of day using car charger and wireless charging.
Top Student
Message 55 of 96 (105 Views)

03-05
yesterday I did receive a new simcard holder and still the same issue, disconneting without touching the device.
Did stop using BT and no change problem persist.
04-05
Almost a day without sd disconnection, only nfc and ttp of. Samsung micro SD 256gb. After a week I will test if, it with ncf and ttp on will come back. Just to help HP/W10M to get the device running without issues. Its a marveless smartphone.
08-05
Going to switch NFC on again, letts wait what happens. TTP of, have no pay method with my phone.
09-05
Can confirm after switching on the NFC, the problem is back again.
I am using a fatboy charger from the time i used the lumia 1520. I am prepared to do any test with the device to solve the issue.
At this moment my case with HP is going into the next level. where I don't accept a new phone, cause I don't believe this will solve the issue.
keep you informed what will happen. Personally I don't use NFC, TTP is not available in the Netherland for W10M. But as I was saying love the device and am willing to do software and hardware tests.
Intern
Message 56 of 96 (96 Views)

Update. I haven't had any SD card issues since this morning (6am). It's now 10pm & no SD card issue. I haven't plugged the phone in any outlet to charge. Only charged in car charger. No problems. Will use wireless charger tonight to charge phone overnight. To me it seems the issue occurs then. Just like the black screen using the folio case (unplugged the phone. Used the finger print to unlock the phone. But nothing. Black screen. Had to press off button & up and down buttons to get phone to work again).
Intern
Message 57 of 96 (83 Views)

Update: Haven't had SD card issues since yesterday morning when I took phone off wall charger. Yesterday I didn't use the wall charger at all (No SD card issue). Only used my car charger and wireless charger to charge overnight. So it seems I get the SD card issue and black screen issue when using wall charger. Has anyone had the SAME?

New Issue: My keyboard is acting funky. Slow after key stroke and duplicate characters. Hard to type at times.
Intern
Message 58 of 96 (80 Views)

Will use a portable charge through out the day today. Will see what happens?
Intern
Message 59 of 96 (69 Views)

[ Edited ]

Latest update from support:

"A captured unit was sent to R&D with repro steps on the SD card disconnection issue to work on root cause analysis. Our software team is also working with Microsoft as we have had an increase in reports of SD card disconnection after RS2 install. I should know more later this week. The LT (v3) trays are resolving majority of the disconnection issues, so it appears the remaining issues may be related to a Microsoft bug. We sent the captured phone in to test and make sure no additional issues with the hardware were found."

Intern
Message 60 of 96 (62 Views)

I'm not buying that? I've never had a SD card issue until the Creator update. Purchased my phone back in November 2017. Haven't used the wall outlet to charge my phone. Everything is fine. No SD card issues. I believe the issue is tied to the wall charging of the phone. No issues since yesterday morning.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation