Post new question
Question
x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!
Replies (126)

Intern
Message 81 of 127 (446 Views)

Re: x3 Elite SD card keeps on disconnecting!

Update: I've been using the phone without wall charging and using the folio case. Haven't gotten the SD card issue. Been using car charger, wireless, and portable charger to charge phone (That SUCKS).... HP NEEDS TO FIX PROBLEMS....
Intern
Message 82 of 127 (436 Views)

This is going to sound stupid but I have not had any problems with the SD card disconnect since I turned bluetooth on than off again. Has worked after each update. Do not know why. I use the dock and wall charger with no problem.

Tutor
Message 83 of 127 (400 Views)

Hi. I do have the same issue. Checking the forum have seen the same was reported almost a year ago, but I didn't see a solution so far. I have to reset the phone to access the card again. It started after the last win 10 update, I think was around the end of April. since then I have also the screen blocking on a black screen. Could happen once or 3-4 times a day, randomly. The only way of getting back the phone is nother reset. Quite annoying. 

Tutor
Message 84 of 127 (383 Views)

Last week did got an Microsoft update on my Lumia 950XL running in the fast ring.

The HP elite x3 is my daily driver, but I have taken the risc to place it in the fast ring.

version 1703

Build 10.0.15215.0

The phone works correct when NFC is switch off.

Switch on results in a SD disconnection within 2 hours.

Latest status NFC switch off and placed phone back in the Windows insider factory build.

Tutor
Message 85 of 127 (371 Views)

I get the screen blanking out and the phone locking up CONSTANTLY.  Are you on Insider Updates or the update you are referring to is the creators update?  I have NFC turned off and haven't had a single instance of the SD card error, just the entire think locking up and I have no idea if they are related.

Does anyone else have the X3 locking up?  Sometimes it appears to just be the screen because the red light will come on and it vibrates from the fingerprint reader but no display - it has to be rebooted - a complete PAIN.  Extremely frustrating.  HP does not appear to care about this product.  Reminds me of Palm.  Why did they even make this phone? (And why did I buy it?  I guess optimism got the best of me - the Windows Mobile market is going to full Win 10 on ARM.  This OS is completely dead.)

Mike

Intern
Message 86 of 127 (359 Views)

I had the screen lookup on me once (fingerprint vibrates but screen black). Had retest phone to get working again. It happened when I had the folio case on the phone and wall charging. Also SD card issue popped up again. Never had a problem until the Creator update.

I do agree HP seems to not care. No update from them or Microsoft? I spent over $1300 for the bundle. Starting to regret it NOW. Also agree that this version of WP is dead. That full windows app are going to ARM. But the did show that version on the Elite X3 demo. I'm waiting to see if this phone will get that feature as well? If not. So long WP for me. Don't really need full windows on a phone. I'll use Note 8 and Surface Pro.....
Intern
Message 87 of 127 (355 Views)

I'm still working with L3 support. They tell me they are working with Microsoft on a patch for the phones still experiancing the issue. Like mine. They do say the V3 tray resolved the issue for a lot of people but not everyone.

Tutor
Message 88 of 127 (338 Views)

HP is either lying or incompetent or just don't really care. The tray has nothing to do with the SD card error.  Why else would turning off NFC have anything to do with this?  I can turn NFC back on and get the disconnected SD card error 3-4x a day or more.  Turned NFC off and haven't seen the error once in months.

Is there one person here who has a new tray and NFC on and not getting the error?

If so, I'll call HP and try it myself, but I'm calling BS until others can confirm.

Thanks,

Mike

Intern
Message 89 of 127 (336 Views)

I have the new tray and NFC off and still get the error. THere are people getting the error under all sorts of scenerios and eveyrone thinks they know the problem. The problem is a combination of the tray and the OS. Different problems but similar results. 

Intern
Message 90 of 127 (331 Views)

I believe the OS and firmware. The tray, contrary to HP has nothing to do with it. Once I got my second phone working I went back to the old tray for fun. Still works with the original gen1 tray.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation