Welcome to the HP Support Forum!
This forum is a great place to get your questions answered as well as learn how to get the most out of your HP products. If this is your first time in our community, you have come to the right place to learn how the Forum works.
Let’s begin with the basic structure of the Forum. The forum is divided into Categories, as in the screenshot below, so that you can easily choose an area relevant to your query.
Each of these Categories, are further divided into Boards, based on specific type of issues or queries. For example, if you click on the + sign beside the Laptop & Notebook Computers category, it will expand and show its boards as below:
You can just go right into any of the boards, search for a particular issue or create your own post.
However, if you have used the Search the Community box at the Forum home page, you will be on the Search Results page, where you can create a post directly.
In this case, you will have to choose a board, while you are creating a post, from the Select Location drop-down menu.
Before you delve deeper into this board to find more information about how the Forum works, here are a few things to keep in mind.
Before you create a post, to get the quickest, most accurate response from the community, please include the following in your post:
- A brief Subject title including:
- Product Name
- A short description of the problem
- A detailed message with the following information:
- Product Name and Operating System
- How do I find my product name and number?
- Description of the problem including:
- Error messages, if any
- Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
- Do not include the product serial number or any private information.
Read more in here: Advice for Asking the Very Best Question
You may also be interested in some short videos that show:
- How to search the forum to find the answers you are looking for;
- How to join it so that you will be able to ask a question; and
- How to make post and where to post it to get a timely response.
You don’t have to be a member to search for answers. However, you will need to register if you want to post a question.
Should you have any suggestions or feedback on the site feel free to add comments in the Forum Feedback and Suggestions board.
We look forward to hearing from you.
HP Forums Team
Want to help? Become an Expert!
I was an HP employee.