11-17-2008 03:41 PM - last edited on 10-18-2018 09:45 AM by danny-r
The information in this topic will be updated soon to reflect the new design of the community
Do you find yourself typing the same material over and over again? A macro may make your life easier. The macro feature allows you to create a standard block of text that you can paste into any message with the simple click of a mouse.
To set up a macro:
1. Log into the Forum.
2. Now, at the right pane, below your user name, click on Resources & Settings to expand it and then on User Settings under it.
3. Click the Macros tab. Fields for entering up to 20 macros will be displayed.
4. In the Macro 1 Title field, enter a short title for your first macro. The title should be short because it will show up in a pull-down menu. Make sure it is distinctive enough that you will remember which title belongs with which macro.
5. In the Macro 1 field, enter the text you want to be able to paste.
6. Enter any other macros you wish.
7. Scroll down and click the button.
Your macros will be saved to your profile in the database.
To use a macro
1. Log into the Forum and navigate to a board where you want to post a message.
2. Click New Message.
3. Or, you can reply to an existing message by opening that message and clicking the Reply button.
4. Once the post message window has loaded, you will see a Macros menu.
5. Click in the Body field where you want to paste your text.
6. If the text is short, you could also paste it in the Subject field.
7. Click on the Macros menu to open it.
8. Select the macro you wish to paste.
9. The text of your macro will paste where you have your cursor.
10. Type any other text you wish in the message body.
11. Click Submit Post.
Note: If there is particular text that you wish to appear at the bottom of every message you post, put the text in a signature instead of a macro.
You can also check the instructions in the video below:
P.S. There are times, when you may need to refer somebody to a particular weblink. But, when you paste a weblink in your post, sometimes, the link may appear to be very big and clumsy.
Go to the following thread to check how to shorten those links, and keep your post tidy.