Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream tablet
Other

Does anyone know if there is a character limit or reply limit or some other limit for forum threads here?  I ask because I have been maintaining a "Linux on the HP Stream tablet" thread which I sometimes update with the latest installation instructions and it no longer gives me the option to edit it or for anyone else to reply to it.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Kyle.

Unfortunately, I don't know who locked the discussion. 

It's not too old because there would be an orange colored archived banner on top of the post indicating it has been locked and archived.

I quickly went through it to see if there were inappropriate posts or things like that, and couldn't find that as a reason.

I'm thinking it was locked simply because it is 7 pages long, and was drawn out with replies for more than two years.

Generally this forum likes to keep things to 1-2 pages if possible.

I'll leave it unlocked for now, but if someone locks it again, it must be a moderator doing it, and I will not unlock it again if it is locked in the future.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kyle_b

There is no limit but your post is no longer available for reply and edit. If you wish to keep that way, please talk with administrator.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply banhien, I am not seeing a way to contact an administrator however?  Did I miss that option somewhere?

HP Recommended

@kyle_b

Please PM Admin. This is the only way to contact Admin.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @kyle_b :

I unlocked the discussion.

Please let me know when you are completed editing it and I'll close it again.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, Is there a time limit that discussions can remain open here?  If so I should probably move this off to another site since it will be ongoing as new Linux driver support for the Stream tablets is being introduced.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Kyle.

Unfortunately, I don't know who locked the discussion. 

It's not too old because there would be an orange colored archived banner on top of the post indicating it has been locked and archived.

I quickly went through it to see if there were inappropriate posts or things like that, and couldn't find that as a reason.

I'm thinking it was locked simply because it is 7 pages long, and was drawn out with replies for more than two years.

Generally this forum likes to keep things to 1-2 pages if possible.

I'll leave it unlocked for now, but if someone locks it again, it must be a moderator doing it, and I will not unlock it again if it is locked in the future.

HP Recommended

There is a character limit for other lithium forums.  I kept adding links to spam users until I couldn't and then created a new post.  It's 1000s of lines.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.