Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One Printer series
Other

After registering for the HP support forums a few days ago I received the following e-mall, supposedly from HP helpdesk:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: HP Helpdesk
Note:

Dear Customer,  

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

We appreciate your concern regarding your HP Product. However its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for computer software & peripherals. Kindly call 24*7 for assistance.
+1(800) 318-6034 (US/Canada Toll Free)
+44 (20) 37430591 (United Kingdom)
+33 (1) 85644526 (France)
+41 (43) 2157021 (Switzerland)

Thanks & Regards
    Helpdesk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...implying that I won't get answers from the forum, so I had better call.

Was this mail really sent from HP support ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a scam message.

Do not reply to it, or call any of the phone numbers listed.

When you post a question on this forum, no one will ever send you an unsolicited private message to provide assistance.

They will answer your question where it was posted.

Since this forum is peer to peer, it is possible that if no one knows the answer to your question, you will not get an answer.

But those guys are just trying to scam you.

HP and Lithium (the company that manages the forum), are working on ways to prevent these scammers from infiltrating this forum, but there are no easy methods to do this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is a scam message.

Do not reply to it, or call any of the phone numbers listed.

When you post a question on this forum, no one will ever send you an unsolicited private message to provide assistance.

They will answer your question where it was posted.

Since this forum is peer to peer, it is possible that if no one knows the answer to your question, you will not get an answer.

But those guys are just trying to scam you.

HP and Lithium (the company that manages the forum), are working on ways to prevent these scammers from infiltrating this forum, but there are no easy methods to do this.

HP Recommended

I am new to the forum and received the same email today - foolishly I rang them out of desperation to get a new ink cartridge.  They tried to sell me a package to rid my pc of viruses - luckily I just hung up as didn't trust them when I was asking where my ink was!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.