Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello! I just got a message from someone who does not have an HP badge in the HP forums, and honestly this message ain't legit at all.

Dear Customer,

We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call +1-818-660-0765 (US/Canada) & +44-020 3289 7008 (UK)for assistance.

Thanks & Regards
HP Helpdesk

First off, I am in the US and this isn't the real HP number. Can't fool me. HA! 😄

Second of all, how is it hard to provide me a solution in the forums? Lol. Third, "HP Helpdesk"? What the hell is this? LOL.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are correct, this is not from HP Support.  If you had called they would access your system remotely, installed unknown software and then attempted to charge you a significant amount for the "service".  Who was the user that sent you the message?  Please report it so they can be banned.  You may also click on the envelope in the upper right which will open the Private Mail system.  Click on the subject line for the offending message which will open it, then click "Report Inappropriate Content" to tell the moderators about the offending post.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You are correct, this is not from HP Support.  If you had called they would access your system remotely, installed unknown software and then attempted to charge you a significant amount for the "service".  Who was the user that sent you the message?  Please report it so they can be banned.  You may also click on the envelope in the upper right which will open the Private Mail system.  Click on the subject line for the offending message which will open it, then click "Report Inappropriate Content" to tell the moderators about the offending post.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Oddly enough, Shane_Tech did Lol.
HP Recommended

The scammers often pick usernames that appear to be support, tecnicians or helpdesk personnel. I reported this one.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.