Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having an issue with setting up a proper MyHPSupport account, as the confirmation e-mail apparently didn't get through.

Where do I go to get this issue resolved? The various forum threads seem to be about consumer hardware and software, while I want to report two cases with respect to server hardware (one broken fan on an HP DL360 G9 and a broken 1.2 TB 2"5 SAS disk on another server).

But without a proper MyHPSupport account, I can't submit those cases. I've been unable to find the proper contact information to get in touch with someone from HP who can help me to resolve the MyHPSupport account issue. Where do I go? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Maurice76

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for forwarding my request.

However, if I read your message correctly, it's mainly about submitting the cases themselves, while I am looking for support with the MyHPSupport issue that I ran into.

I've submitted cases for a number of years through the account we use on my department, but recently the HP site requested me to make a MyHPSupport account to register new cases. When signing up for that failed, my department head suggested I create a new HP account and try to add a MyHPSupport account under that one, instead.

After creating a MyHPSupport account, I should have received an e-mail with details on how to finish setting up such an account, but it never arrived. Strange enough, when I finally posted here on these forums, I promptly received notifications about my post (and your reply, too) on that very same e-mail address.

When trying to register again, I get an error message stating that a MyHPSupport account already exists for my e-mail, but I have no recovery options of any kind to (re)gain access to it. Since I also never received the initial mail, I can't do anything with the already registered MyHPSupport account.

HP Recommended

The mystery continues ...

A coworker asked me about the status of the two cases I was supposed to submit and told him about the website issues I was suffering, which prevented me from submitting the cases as I have done in the past few years.

Together, we searched Google for possible similar issues and we stumbled across the link https://support.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/scm/home ... which allows me to login with our departments' HP account and submit cases without having to go through the hassle of using a MyHPSupport account.

I've bookmarked this link and removed the one I used to use up until now and managed to submit both cases.

I can say that the issue with regards to the MyHPSupport account - or the actual need or reason why to have such a secondary account - is confusing at best.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.