cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ambient light frozen of Omen 27

HP Recommended
Omen 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

I'm having a problem with my brand-new HP Omen 27: The ambient light in the bottom of the screen, from time to time, gets stuck in green color (I don't know why green) and it doesn't change anymore (even if, from the OSD, I turn off the ambient light or force another color, it just doesn's anything at all). Not even turning the monitor off and on has any impact.

It just goes back to normal when I unplug and plug the power from the monitor, which is not ideal to do.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,653 18,613 798 861
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RakeshJD

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with HP omen 27 monitor, The Ambient LED usually is ON by default.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Try these steps:

• Disconnect Monitor from Power and output cable
  • Press and hold the monitor's power for about 10 seconds
  • Also, you can try to use the Monitor's menu and reset the entire settings ​​​​​​​

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any help? My ambient light just stopped working.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation