Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Photon Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently recieved my Omen Photon Wireless Mouse and the left click button keeps sticking at random intervals. Sometimes it happens several times an hour sometimes it won't happen for a few hours but it is extremely annoying and difficult to make it start working agin. For a mouse in this price range, I definitely did not a simple mechanical fault like this! The mouse is basically unusable when it is in this condition! Can anyone offer any help or has anyone else had a similar problem? I can provide a video if neccessary, 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Deion_GB@Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  

It looks like software  issue try with installing the software .

Link :https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-omen-mouse/7318055/model/29362629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

Hi@Deion_GB, I have posted a possible solution to the issue that you are facing with your HP Product, let me know once you have tried the steps and if it worked for you.

I did not hear back from you yet. Please let me know whether your issue is resolved or you need additional help. 

Cheers 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” on my Public post if the issue is resolved, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

We haven’t heard from you in a while,

This post is with reference to the thread you had created at your friendly neighborhood HP Forums. I would like to know if the resolution provided worked for you.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. It's a brand new mouse and the left button sticks down. It's not a software or driver problem, the button literally gets stuck and I have to lift the front of the plastic to release it.

HP Recommended

Hi@Deion_GB, Request you to follow the below-troubleshooting steps for  Create a new profile  first in case it doesn't work System recovery

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users. ...
  2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
  3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.

1. Shutdown the computer.  

2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.  

4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.  

5. Click on Troubleshoot.  

6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.  

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.  

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

HP Recommended

No, my mouse button still gets stuck down. It's a hardware issue, not a software one, so messing with my laptop will make no difference.

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

I've tried everything now. I can't seem to get out of a virtual agent loop, my mouse *which is about two weeks old* doesn't even appear when I type the S/N in and I'm at the point of hurling it at the nearest wall and buying a cheap one from another brand.

It was a free mouse that came with my laptop, I just want to be able to send it back to the UK store and get it replaced. Oh, and there's no blue envelope next to my name.

HP Recommended

Hi @Zappity

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.