Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 27f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought this monitor, HP 27f (FHD monitor)... The games look good, still images look really good. Its just the Videos!
When I play videos on Youtube (1080p) or a movie (1080p), I think the screen lacks clarity. The videos on youtube are blurry, too much motion blur, hair ain't crisp or sharp. I've tried to tweak the monitor's settings but can't seem to fix it. Is there any particular thing I need to toggle? btw, I'm using a Gtx 1060 with a HDMI cable that came inside the box of the monitor. The resolution is set to native, 1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz.
PLEASE HELP 🙂 Thanks In Advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ron1011,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the display quality while playing games on your HP Monitor. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

In this scenario, I would suggest you try these steps here: 

Text is fuzzy, or objects are slightly blurry around the edges, stretched, and out of proportion.

When this happens, the display resolution on the computer might be set to something other than the native display resolution of the display. When the display hardware scales the image, the edges of the displayed objects can become slightly blurred as the entire image is enlarged or reduced to fit to the edges of the screen.

Let's start off by Running Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

NOTE: 

If blurriness occurs only when using a software program such as a game, make sure that the resolution set in the game matches the display resolution.

To fix resolution problems, complete the following steps:

1. Restart the computer.

If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

2. Press the Auto button on the front of the display to run Auto Adjustment.

3. Use the buttons on the front of the display to open the on-screen menu, and select Factory Reset or Default. If the display is still incorrect, continue to the next step.

4. Find the native resolution of the display. You can find the native resolution in the following places:

• In the specifications on the box.

• In the printed material that came with the web display.

• In the product specifications on the HP website.

NOTE: 

Some common native resolutions are 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1440 x 900, 1920 x 1200, and 1680 x 1050.

5. Change the display resolution to match the native resolution using the following steps:

• In Windows 10, search for and open display settings. Click Advanced display settings and then select the desired resolution.
    • In Windows 8, press the Windows key  + X key. Click Control Panel, find the Appearance and Personalization area, and click Adjust Screen Resolution.

Move the slider bar until the native resolution for the display is set, and then click OK.

• In Windows 7, click Start , click Control Panel, find the Appearance and Personalization area, and click Adjust Screen Resolution.

Move the slider bar until the native resolution for the display is set, and click OK.

If you cannot select the native resolution, continue to the next step to update the drivers for the graphics adapter on the computer.

6. If you have an HP computer, update your video drivers from the HP website.

Otherwise, you can get the latest updated video drivers from the video hardware manufacturer's website. site. The following list shows some of the video hardware websites:

• Check for NVIDIA video driver updates at NVIDIA (in English).

• Check for AMD video driver updates at AMD (in English).

• Check for Intel video support and downloads, Intel Downloads (in English).

7. After updating the video drivers, go back to Step 1 and try to change the display resolution again.

NOTE: 

If you cannot select the native resolution after updating the video drivers, the graphics adapter in the computer might not support that resolution and might need to be upgraded.

If you updated the video drivers, set the correct display resolution, and the problem still occurs, continue to the next step.

8. If the computer connected to the display is using Windows 7, complete the following steps:

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode. Restart the computer and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen displays. From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode, and press Enter.

2. If the computer connected to the display is using Windows 8, refer to the Windows 8 Safe Mode document.

3. While the computer is in Safe Mode, press the Auto button on the front of the display to run Auto Adjustment again.

4. If the display is sharper in Safe Mode, while still in Safe Mode, reinstall the display drivers from the CD that came with the display.

9. If the display is still blurry, it might need servicing.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Display Quality Issues

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.