Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am going to buy a Gaming PC in the future, And I already know what parts I need and I know how to check if the work together with no isuses.

But the only problem that I got is the weak cpu.. well I dont know if my CPU will be weak but I need to ask it.

My GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 founders edition 8Gb

My memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16Gb (1x16) 

and my CPU will be the "i5 7500 Kaby Lake 3.4Hz"

Will it be weaker for the gpu and the memory?

Will it cause lagg in my monitor (Its 60Hz)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello guys.

I will add... It used to be the i5 was all that was needed to run games smoothly as the i7 was overkill.

Well, not so anymore. With a new generation of games coming out that now utilize HyperThreading more, an i5 is just a starting point for high end games. 

Plus are you considering a higher frame rate monitor or a 4K screen later?

If so, you will need to go with a 1080 ti. (At the moment, a 1080 is as much as a 1070, thank you stupid crypto mining).

To ensure you can run the next games that come out fairly well on high settings, and the fact you are willing to spend on at least a GTX 1070 or up, I would go for the i7 7700 for better future proofing (so to speak).

Cheaper to do it up front rather than upgrade later.  :Wink:

My 2 cents.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@HeytzDannie, welcome to the forum.

In my opinion, if you want to game without any problems you should consider an i7-xxxx CPU.  This will assure that you get the performance that you want and need for the latest games.  The i5-xxxx would work, but the system performance will not be the same.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello guys.

I will add... It used to be the i5 was all that was needed to run games smoothly as the i7 was overkill.

Well, not so anymore. With a new generation of games coming out that now utilize HyperThreading more, an i5 is just a starting point for high end games. 

Plus are you considering a higher frame rate monitor or a 4K screen later?

If so, you will need to go with a 1080 ti. (At the moment, a 1080 is as much as a 1070, thank you stupid crypto mining).

To ensure you can run the next games that come out fairly well on high settings, and the fact you are willing to spend on at least a GTX 1070 or up, I would go for the i7 7700 for better future proofing (so to speak).

Cheaper to do it up front rather than upgrade later.  :Wink:

My 2 cents.

HP Recommended
Thanks, But the GTX 1080Ti is too expensive for me.. I was thinking to go with the GTX 1060 6GB from MSI.
I dont need that much of good specs cause I will not play all thise games.. I will syick with batrlefield 1, 4, Minecraft, Black ops 3, GTA V.
I do not like all those new games.. Its hard to get better specs for every new game that is coming.
I am probably going with Intel core i7 7700, MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB ddr4 memory ram stick. (I readed about battlefield 1.. Max GPU that it will need for it is gtx 1060, Also I checked all my specs that I want to use on a special website and it said that all of the specs are good enough).
HP Recommended

I think you're taking my advice a little to close to heart. It was just a quick example if you were looking to go extreme.

Extreme being running a 4k monitor, 120 Hz etc. Not meant to tell you that you have to have that hardware.

If gaming on 1080p, Yes your specs and those games will run high settings just fine.

But if you already know what you want, Im not sure why you came here and asked since this forum is actually for prebuilt HP computers. But we were obliging you just the same.

Good Luck with your custom build.

HP Recommended

@HeytzDannie,

As @Photoray002 mentioned extreme, lets get to it.  Your mentioned battlefied 1.  Not sure of your age/dexterity, but I found Assassins Creed most aggressive for me, but alas I am soon to be 70. I lost the dexterity battle years ago.

Battlefield 1 according the website GameDebate recommended system.

CPU: Core i7-4790 4-Core 3.6GHz        

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060  4 GB RAM

Motherboard: 16 GB RAM

Win 10 64    

Capable of 3440 x 1440 resolution

But I have the goods to be very extreme:

I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 8GB, 500GB HD SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor,

Ref: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=9002&game=Battlefield%201

Ref: http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-1-looks-absolutely-phenomenal-in-widescreen-at-3440-x-1440-resolut...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.