Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought my laptop about 11 months ago Omen15-dc0079tx. It clearly has a Thunderbolt port with Thunderbolt logo (lightning with arrow head point south). I am interested in buying Omen Accelerator, and I checked the website for compatibility and I could not see my laptop model there(https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/omenaccelerator/overview.html). Can any HP Support please confirm that my laptop can work with Omen Accelerator? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Kyuubianist,

Yes it should theoretically work without any issues.

Just a few comments I want to make:

• There should be a manual included with the Omen Accelerator on setting up and installing drivers required - just follow that
  • Make sure to install all the latest Thunderbolt 3 drivers associated with your laptop
    • You can automatically find the latest drivers with HP Support Assistant
  • eGPUs work best when you connect an external monitor through the GPU, meaning you connect it to the Omen Accelerator instead of playing games on your laptop's internal display
    • Note you can still play on your laptop's internal display but there will be a performance difference

In case you don't already have it, here is the download page for HP Support Assistant. You can find information on how to update your computer using the HP Document here and expanding Update the computer.

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Kyuubianist,

Yes it should theoretically work without any issues.

Just a few comments I want to make:

• There should be a manual included with the Omen Accelerator on setting up and installing drivers required - just follow that
  • Make sure to install all the latest Thunderbolt 3 drivers associated with your laptop
    • You can automatically find the latest drivers with HP Support Assistant
  • eGPUs work best when you connect an external monitor through the GPU, meaning you connect it to the Omen Accelerator instead of playing games on your laptop's internal display
    • Note you can still play on your laptop's internal display but there will be a performance difference

In case you don't already have it, here is the download page for HP Support Assistant. You can find information on how to update your computer using the HP Document here and expanding Update the computer.

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.