Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Headset 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I had purchased the Omen Headset 800 and it worked flawlessly until one day I was using the mic and could not be heard unless it was right next to my mouth and even then it was quiet. The mic had worked before I am not sure as to what happened or how to solve it. I have checked all audio settings that has to do with the headset and even reinstalled drivers to no avail. I did try a mic and headphone jack to a usb adapter and the problem is solved but everything sounds terrible. I wish to use the analog jack on my laptop as I have been as the sound quality through that is amazing. The analog port is only one port with the capability to host different types of audio devices. I have read that maybe the port is not supplying enough power to the headset but I am not sure that is the case if it had worked fine before.

Any help with this would be appreciated thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cwhiting77

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.