Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY bw0503na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I would love to know if i may change the graphic card on this laptop. I have a nvidia geoforce mx150 4 gb dedicated.

These are the specs:

8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)

1 TB 7200 rpm SATA + 16 GB optane memory

Intel® Core™ i7-8550U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal FHD IPS WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)

Motherboard ID 8485.

Thank you very much for your help

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @TheArrow89

Unfortunately no you cannot. Laptops are not intended to be upgradable like a desktop is.

The parts are soldered to the board generally.

Im sorry.

HP Recommended

Hello @Photoray002 thank you. If I can change the motherboard? Could I upgrade some parts of the laptop? Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

If you change the motherboard, you might as well get a new laptop. Changing motherboards is a propretary thing and you just cannot swap out any ol board. Sorry, not worth it if you could.

HP Recommended

Ok I'm ignorant in these things. So you say I cannot change the graphic card because it is already integrated ect ect. In this case of the graphic card if I fuse it I mean overheat, burn or whatever is the damage then I need a new graphic card. What happen in this case? Thank you 

HP Recommended

Depends on what happend. Are you under warranty? If so, HP would change the motherboard if the card failed on its own.

Or they would replace the laptop with a refurbished unit.

If you did the damage yourself because you tried to remove it from the motherboard, you are responsible for the costs.

HP Recommended

Yes it is in warranty. But it doesn't make any sense always changing the motherboard for a problem releted with. However I think my laptop is quite good to support another graphic card. Well I think to buy another laptop or just keep this one

HP Recommended

Are you haveing issues with the graphics card now or are you just asking?

HP Recommended

Hi! Nope I'm just asking. I didn't wanted to buy a gaming laptop because I didn't knew how easy it is to get all the games you want just for £90 per year. And this laptop is amazing, really fast and specs like ram, hdd ect. So I'd love to upgrade it with a very good graphic card too. It's so weird I cannot change the graphic card. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.