Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 27xq 27-inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased a HP 27xq 27-inch Display

The monitor has 1 hdmi port and 1 displayport

The hdmi is plugged into my xbox and i would like to use the displayport to connect to my laptop to save swapping cables constantly

I have looked at buying a switch which converts one hdmi port into 2 but apparently this will affect the display quality from the xbox when gaming

I have already purchased a displayport to hdmi cable, this did not work. I called HP yesterday who sold me an adapter (F3W43AA HP DisplayPort to HDMI 1.4 Adapter) this doesn't work either?

The only port that works is the HDMI port which will soon break with swapping to cable daily

Can anyone help?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sarah841 

Totally remove HDMI cable, can you get HDMI to DP to work on your laptop ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.