Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ ELITE 8300 TOWER
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello , i want to buy that computer and i think about a gtx 750 ti , like this one  or any other brand of GTX 750 ti

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969289995.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.48cd462dDzSeIV&algo_pvid=...

cccc.PNGcc.PNG

my question is it okay to buy that computer beffore the arrive of a GTX 750 ti , so i wont lose my money in that computer or in that gpu . the PSU they say its 320 watt . i asked that cause when i talked to one who works with those who have that computer he told me we have gtx 710 it will work fine and when i asked about if can i buy a GTX 750 ti and it will run without probelms with that pc cause i don't want gtx 710 . when i told him that he said something i didn't understand like "hp ,24 bit, motherboard  , power , compatible" and "no it wont work" , is that right guys , it wont work ?  if it will work , is this psu can be changed if i wanted ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @MedAmine123 

It makes it hard for most of us in the USA English forum to read a foreign language, so I don't quite know what your article says.

But my question is "what is your goal in buying this old used system and an outdated graphics card that isn't going to work in that system as it is"?

First off, the GTX 750ti requires at least a 450W power supply. Second, I cannot guarantee it will work with the motherboard bios. There are no bios downloads that I can find to see if its legacy bios would accept that card.

It comes with Windows 7 which will be obsolete in a couple of months.

I get that its a cheap purchase, but you also get what you pay for. If you are wanting to play games, you would be much better off saving up for a newer system that can handle today's gaming requirements much better.

HP Recommended

thanks for your reply , yes for games in a medium state , i dont have enough budget to get a new machine and i saw on the internet many people used same pc but most was the sff form with different graphic cards and they work good , do you think i have 1k $ to buy the newest graphic card there hhhhh , i want just to have some fun until i be in a better situation , so your answer is no it wont work ? is the Tower version of 8300 older than sff version and 8200 version ??

there is many videos on youtube that shows hp 8300 or 8200 sff upgradded 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUMkMgTwzcs

HP Recommended

I never said you have to buy a $1k graphics card. You are welcome to do what you want. But I think you are misunderstanding my point. You will have to upgrade your power supply and I don't know if your bios is the most current. You might have to update it to be compatible (that is what I stated). I cannot find the correct bios update for what ever motherboard you have!!!

I would invite you to ask on the Hardware section of the forum here...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bd-p/HardwareDPC

They are more familiar with those old business models. This section is for gaming machines.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

ok thank you for your suggestions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.