Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 8 (816 Views)

Freesync Not Working over Displayport

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Pavilion 32 Inch Display
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own a AMD Radeon HD 7900 and two HP Pavilion 32 inch displays.  The monitors are connected via DisplayPort.  I enabled the gaming mode through the monitor's OSD and a message flashes in the top corner of the screen that FreeSync is enabled.

When I go into the AMD Radeon settings it states "AMD Freesync not supported".  I tried to uninstall and reinstall the AMD drivers and software, but the issue persists.  Please assist.

hp.JPG

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 8 (777 Views)

Re: Freesync Not Working over Displayport

Hey @Keithjp923,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with  AMD freesync. I would like to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

May I know the product number of the monitor you are using?

Have you tried an HDMI cable?

Recommend you to make sure the correct cables are used, check if the unit meets the minimum requirements of Free sync. 

Refer to this AMD article for assistance.

Found couple of HP Forums posts. Omen monitor and Envy monitor.

Click here for the specifications of the graphics card you have mentioned.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 8 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Chimney,

I believe the monitor item number is V1M69AA#ABA.  I purchased both monitors from Amazon, and the URL is https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-32-inch-Wide-Viewing-Display/dp/B01FGCJBGK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

The HDMI cable does not support FreeSync with this monitor and my video card combination (from what I've read).  I am using the DisplayPort cables HP provided with the monitor.  As per AMD and HP I have a compatable setup for FreeSync.

Thanks,

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 8 (761 Views)

@Keithjp923

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm replying on behalf of Chimney_83 as He is out of office at this moment. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I did some research and at the AMD FreeSync Technology link found that the Free Sync is supported over both HDMI and Display port only within this range of 48-70Hz. Anything lower or in higher range is not supported. I suggest you to refer to page no. 3 of this user guide for more information. 

Please let us know how it goes. Cheers! 

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 5 of 8 (756 Views)

Hello Kazi,

http://www.amd.com/Documents/freesync-hdmi.pdf

shows a list of monitors that support HDMI FreeSync, and the HP monitor is not listed.  I would like help focusing on the problem opposed to going the direction of using HDMI.  My video card natively has displayports and so does the HP monitor. 

Thanks,

HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 8 (748 Views)

Thanks for the reply, recommend you to check with AMD support to check if they tweak the settings to make Freesync work. Did you try all the articles from AMD shared with you earlier?

I checked the monitor specifications on  HP website and Freesync is not listed. Please contact our phone support to check on the same. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 7 of 8 (736 Views)

The monitor certainty supports FreeSync over Display port, it's listed in the manual. I'll probably just return the monitors and go with a different brand.
HP Support Agent
Message 8 of 8 (728 Views)

Hi @Keithjp923,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation