2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

G2 not showing up after windows update?

HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, 

I haven't used my G2 in a week or so but last night I plugged it into my PC (i9, RTX2080, 32 gb ram) and nothing the pc at first didn't even acknowledge the headset then after plugging and unplugging the usb c I finally heard then usb noise but still nothing not even the light on the headset, so I set about trawling the web for similar problems I suddenly stumbled onto a post on redit that someone who was having the same issues, the problem was that there has been a windows update recently which means that because my headset wasn't plugged into the pc at the time of the windows update the usb drivers for the headset didn't get updated, so the cure for me was I had to go into the device manager and uninstall the usb drivers, I just right clicked on the usb 3 and clicked on uninstall and the headset came to life.

Hope this helps someone else.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation