1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

G2 reverb - No sound at all!

HP Recommended
G2 reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

I just thought I would shoot a post on here before I end up giving up with my G2. I bought it brand new and there's no sound at all. I searched all over and tried to replicate some 'fixes' that worked for other people but had no look.

I have tried;

-USB Type C into 3 different slots (1 front head, 1 rear and 1 on my GPU)

T-ype C to USB 3.0 into every USB slot on my PC

-PCIE 3.0 Expansion Card

-Powered USB 3.0 Hub

-Uninstalling every audio driver and letting them reinstall themselves

-Disabled mobo HD Audio Driver directly on the BIOS

-Changed the default playback on sound settings to RealTek 2.0

-Maxed out volume and switched default playback to confirm audio is being played through the game but does not play audio when I revert back to the G2 Speakers

-Triple checked the speaker prongs on the headset, they seem to be making perfect contact.

-Sound Settings show there is audio playing but does not emit from the speakers. I have also checked the volume which is 100 percent

SYSTEM:

z390 edge AC mobo i9 9900k 2080ti 32gb ram windows 10 (fully updated to latest version)

I'm honestly unsure whether it's my PC that's the issue and not the speakers. If I don't get any luck then I think I may switch to the Quest 2 which I don't really want to.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Prophet55

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio with the G2 Reverb.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation