Did you mean: 
HELP_ME_PLZ_OMG
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Graphics Card support

HP Recommended
R9 290 Buffalo (764759-001)

Hello, I have a graphics card in my possession with a sticker on the back which reads "PEFHH0BRN6Y05N, HP PN: 764759-001" A quick google search of the "HP PN" part reveals that the card is a HP r9 290 buffalo. Nowhere on the HP website can I find ANYTHING to do with this card, seems like a bit of a mystery. I was just wondring if anyone knew anything about this card and where I could get support for it, as it is faulty. Rather confused. Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,004 1,399 2,376
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @HELP_ME_PLZ_OMG,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having an issue with the Graphics card and you need assistance. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Are you trying to install this new graphics card on your HP PC running on Windows 10?

Could you please elaborate more on this issue as this will help me in further assisting you?

Are you looking to install the drivers for the graphics card?

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HELP_ME_PLZ_OMG
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply. I put the card in the oven at 200*C for 10 mins and that fixed the no display issue I was having. One of the capacitors blew so I just pulled it off but the card still works fine. Obviously my warranty is well and truly void now but I have a working card, all in all good result. Cheers
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,004 1,399 2,376
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @HELP_ME_PLZ_OMG,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation