Shaun-ツ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HDMI ports 1 & 2 aren't working on my DESKTOP-OVI

HP Recommended
DESKTOP-OVI (Gaming PC)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HDMI ports 1 & 2 aren't working on my DESKTOP-OVI and I have no idea why. The cords are not the problem. I've been trying to set up a second monitor, this is keeping my from doing it. I've plugged the second "monitor" into the one I already had my other one in before hand and it worked fine. So I know that the problem is only my HDMI 1 & 2 ports(The port I am currently using is not labled). 

~ I sincerely thank you for reading my post and working to help me(if you do), Shaun.

2 REPLIES 2
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,497 1,301 2,104
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Shaun-ツ, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have HDMI issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different HDMI cable?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned both 1 and 2 HDMI ports on your PC has stopped functioning.

Try connecting the monitor to a different HDMI port and check if the issue persists.

Also, connect the monitor to a different PC and check if you are able to see any display.

Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a desktop computer

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then click Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer is connected to a power outlet, press and hold the Power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

3. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

4. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the Power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the Power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

5. Reconnect the power cord and press the Power button to turn on the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

6. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press Enter.

7. Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.

Try updating the latest version of BIOS and graphics drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Please uninstall graphics adapter from device manager and update display adapter from the link below.

Go to windows desktop

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc

Device manager window will open.

Expand display adapter.

Right-click and click uninstall.

Restart your PC and install the graphics driver.

Try updating the latest drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot HDMI issues with your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Shaun-ツ

Did you find the answer yet?

IF not, before anyone can help you, we need to know what computer you have.

DESKTOP-OVI ???

Open the HP Support Assistant and find the Product Number.

Start>Hp Help and Support>HP Support Assistant.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation