Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HD 2300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP 2300 webcam a month or so ago for streaming and social media (like skype) purposes and ever since I bought it it has been freezing at first it was on skype but I just put that down to skype being skype the unreliable piece of software it is but now that I have started streaming on twitch.tv I have had the webcam freeze for no apparent reason, I have a PC more than capable with dealing with a webcam as simple as it, the pc can run the witcher 3 for christ sake yet for some reason it keeps freezing and after a second or so it will update a frame like the HTz of it has gone down to 0.75 from the standard 30 htz that this webcam is inteded for and I am wondering why it is doing this, slowly becoming infuriating because a product as simple as a webcam should not be doing such a thing but yet it is, I have tried it in a multitude of usb ports and it fails to make a difference

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pro_Enderman

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the HP 2300 webcam keeps freezing and doesn't work,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you attempt to reinstall the drivers and use an alternate application such as Youcam or yahoo, etc...?

Have you attempted to reset the skype app settings to factory defaults and try again?

Did you check your webcam's user guide for assistance? if not: Click here for information

In the meantime, I have a few steps that should help resolve this concern. 

Here's a related post that seems to have helped others: Click here 

(Though the header may be different, the solution should work for your concern as well). 

For troubleshooting the webcam issues: 

You can open webcam software, such as YouCam, Skype, or Live Messenger, but the video does not display in the main viewing window. Use the following steps, in the order, they are presented, until the webcam video displays in your webcam software: 

Step 1: Make sure the webcam is the selected video/capture device for your webcam software 

Your webcam must be selected as the video capture device in your webcam software. If the computer has multiple video input sources, your webcam software might be connected to something other than your webcam. 

To select the webcam as your video source, open your webcam software and look for the video camera, video source, or video caption in the software's properties or preferences. Here are some common examples of selecting the webcam as the video source: 

​​​​ 

NOTE: 

The name of your webcam might display as USB Video Device, HP Webcam, USB 2.0 Camera, HP Pavilion Webcam, or similar. If you do not know the name, select a name to see if video displays. If not, try selecting other video device names until you see the video from your webcam display in the window. 

More details: Click here (Win10) 

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.