Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just open it on the 23rd and after just one day while i was watching a tv's show by chromecast my monitor just goes crazy from nowhere ....and that's the situation rn... can anyone answer me please?

IMG_1742.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@matt2302

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

To download the latest version of drivers and software files from the HP Support Web site:

1. Go to the HP Support Web site

2. Select the country/region.

3. Select Download Drivers and Software.

4. Type the model number of the monitor, for example 2159m.

The software download pages for the monitor display.

5. Make sure the system meets the specified requirements.

6. Download and install the driver and software files by following the steps on the screen. Front panel components

To fix resolution problems, complete the following steps:

1. Restart the computer.

If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

2. Press the Auto button on the front of the display to run Auto Adjustment.

3. Use the buttons on the front of the display to open the on-screen menu, and select Factory Reset or Default. If the display is still incorrect, continue to the next step.

4. Find the native resolution of the display. You can find the native resolution in the following places:

• In the specifications on the box.

• In the printed material that came with the web display.

• In the product specifications on the HP website.

NOTE: Some common native resolutions are 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1440 x 900, 1920 x 1200, and 1680 x 1050.
  5. Change the display resolution to match the native resolution using the following steps:

• In Windows 10, search for and open display settings. Click Advanced display settings and then select the desired resolution.
    • In Windows 8, press the Windows key  + X key. Click Control Panel, find the Appearance and Personalization area, and click Adjust Screen Resolution.

Move the slider bar until the native resolution for the display is set, and then click OK.

• In Windows 7, click Start , click Control Panel, find the Appearance and Personalization area, and click Adjust Screen Resolution.

Move the slider bar until the native resolution for the display is set, and click OK.

If you cannot select the native resolution, continue to the next step to update the drivers for the graphics adapter on the computer.

6. If you have an HP computer, update your video drivers from the HP website.

Otherwise, you can get the latest updated video drivers from the video hardware manufacturer's website. site. The following list shows some of the video hardware websites:

• Check for NVIDIA video driver updates at NVIDIA (in English).

• Check for AMD video driver updates at AMD (in English).

• Check for Intel video support and downloads, Intel Downloads (in English).

7. After updating the video drivers, go back to Step 1 and try to change the display resolution again.

NOTE: If you cannot select the native resolution after updating the video drivers, the graphics adapter in the computer might not support that resolution and might need to be upgraded.

If you updated the video drivers, set the correct display resolution, and the problem still occurs, continue to the next step.

8. If the computer connected to the display is using Windows 7, complete the following steps:

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode. Restart the computer and press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen displays. From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode, and press Enter.

2. If the computer connected to the display is using Windows 8, refer to the Windows 8 Safe Mode document.

3. While the computer is in Safe Mode, press the Auto button on the front of the display to run Auto Adjustment again.

4. If the display is sharper in Safe Mode, while still in Safe Mode, reinstall the display drivers from the CD that came with the display.

And, refer to document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-value-25-inch-displays/7274920/model/10402867/document/c0177... Display Quality Issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.