Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 27 Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP OMEN 27 Display attached via DisplayPort to my gaming system running a GeForce 1070 GTX. I am unable to get it to display any refresh rate higher than 85Hz at the native resolution of 2560x1440 (1440p). 

I have the NVIDIA Control Panel installed naturally with the latest drivers. It only shows refresh rates up to 85Hz for the native resolution 1440p. 

When I go to create a custom resolution of 1440p with a 144Hz refresh rate, the screen goes back, flickers back as if at the higher refresh rate, then immediately defaults back to the prior setting, 85Hz, not saving the new resolution as an option. This happens with the overclock setting to Off on the display. The same behavior occurs when setting the display overclock to On and attempting to create a 1440p @ 165Hz resolution. Looking in the Windows display settings, again only up to 85Hz is available.

The monitor is advertised as being capable of 1440p @ 144Hz or 1440p @ 165 Hz with overclock on. My experience has not allowed either to be achieved. The graphics card is more than capable of these refresh rates. Windows 10 is fully updated. I installed the HP driver software for the monitor. Not sure what could be missing or if the monitor is just defective. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/270616/how-can-i-get-144-hz-on-my-gtx-1070/

Possible bad cable, card or monitor.

Can you try a different display port? Or a friends graphics card? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.