Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 27" Monitor 165hz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

Last week my monitor started malfunctioning as instead of entering sleep mode when idle, it shows a cycling full screen color pattern instead (burn in pattern I believe it is called).

Whenever i try to open the UI using the main menu button, another factory mode menu opens instead:

Factory Mode menu snapshotFactory Mode menu snapshot

If i try other buttons, it finally opens the UI menu but it shows an F next to main menu that wasnt there before.

F in yellow, next to the main menuF in yellow, next to the main menu

In the "secret factory mode menu" from below, if I disable manually the Factory Mode, then everything is back to normal (I restored display factory settings in the normal menu, just in case)... until I switch off my computer, which causes the monitor to get into Factory Mode again.

There is no information available online about this topic, but it seems that my monitor doesn't save my settings anymore, defaulting to some kind of factory mode everytime I switch it off.

Is there like a CMOS battery I can change in order to fix this problem? If that's not the case, can you provide me any guidance to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

(By the way, BIOS is ok, cables are ok, I have just installed latest monitor drivers, and I have restored display factory settings, but it didn't work)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and started around the same time, maybe is a firmware issue ?. 

427B9529-1E91-4C45-B1CC-5E96FF7DC055.jpeg

HP Recommended

@cristiancs

This seems to be hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply,

Thank you so much for your answer, but I am afraid I find it quite generic for a very specific problem.

My monitor defaults to factory settings everytime it is unplugged or the input signal is lost. Otherwise, it works flawlessly. That's why I hoped there would be any kind of solution that I could perform myself.

Due to the current global situation and my job, I cannot separate from my monitor for several weeks in order to get it checked/repaired. Therefore, it would be great if you could provide me with more information about the origin of this problem and/or alternative solutions to try on my own.

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@IvanMP13 I hope there was more we could do, however, the description of your concern points out towards a hardware malfunction and there's nothing but a repair that could be prescribed, and I suggest you either make use of the options to contact HP or alternatively, If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.