Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 800 Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I've recently bought HP Omen 800 Headset and everything is working well.

But i've noticed that, when i record my voice, i can only hear the recording on only one side (Right side).
Does the microphone of this product is "Mono"? and if yes, how do i make it to record and hear for both sides (Stereo)?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@amrsubzero Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the microphone is recording only one side.

Check those headphones with an alternate device such as a Smartphone, laptop, etc... 

If they work on the alternate device, check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device. 

To do this, please see the steps below: 

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box. 

• Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options. 

• Next, under the Playback tab, right-click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available. 

• Select Headphones and enable 

To Increase the volume on your headphone: 

Method 1 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Click the Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones. 

Method 2 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Go to Playback devices and right-click Headphones under Playback. 

• Go to Properties and set the volume to the maximum under Levels tab. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

Also, refer to the below links to troubleshoot the microphone.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01926155

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04474731

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hello Praveen196!

I have connected the headset jack to the back input slots, and the mic now is recording stereo (both sides).
The issue was only causing when i connect the headset jacks to the front input slots.

still can't undestand why the front input does that? i have asus tuf b360-pro motherboard. and i believe the front slots on this motherboard are also (stereo).

another question : when i connect the headset, should i setup it as "Headphones" or "Front Speaker Out"?

because i can see a huge difference in the volume and sound quality between these two options!

Thanks for your kind help!

HP Recommended

@amrsubzero 

Thank you for the update.

Please check the front panel cable connection is connected properly to the motherboard.

There is no setup, just plug and play device.

The back panel device is molded with motherboard. It will work fine.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.