2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Omen Accelerator (GA1-1000ng) || NIC detected as CD Rom

HP Recommended
HP Omen Accelerator GA1-1000n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there.

I've got a new HP Omen Accelerator and have the issue that the RealTek NIC is still detected as CD ROM.

2017-09-03 16_02_27-Geräte-Manager.jpg

For the installation i've followed the following guede:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05573720#AbT0

BIOS, thunderbold FW, Thunderbold Controler driver are up to date and also the RealTek driver was installed.

I reproduced the issue also on a second non HP notebook, but primary i tried the installation on a HP Spectre 13.

Does everyone have a solution how to get the NIC working? no usual way (like remove the MS original driver and select the NIC driver, uninstall the device and re scan it, ...) are working - the NIC is always detected as CD Rom drive.

kind regards,

Sebastian

3 REPLIES 3
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 7,549 488 959
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @fischse

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the Realtek Ethernet is getting listed as CD-DVD drive on your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

As you have already updated the driver from HP Website, recommend you uninstall the driver and run HP Support Assistant on your computer. 

This would automatically update all the drivers meant for your computer. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance in using HPSA. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fischse
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.

At first the answer to your question the drivers listed at https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05573720#AbT0 seems to be newer than the driver which were found by HP Support Assistant.

Midwhile i was able to solve this issue by my own - it looks like the issue only occur if you install the drivers for the HP Omen Accelerator after you've installed the drivers for the HP USB-C Travel Dock (T0K29AA).

I uninstalled all drivers (Accelerator & Travel Dock) and followed the Accelerator install guide one more time - afterwards the Ethernet adapter was detected as LAN interface and all is working well.

I still not have tried to re-install the Travel Dock drivers, because actually i doesn't need the Travel Dock.

At last just for information: the HP Omen Accelerator is not detected as original HP Power Supply, so if your Notebook is charged over USB-C from the Accelerator you get the "HP recommends using an original power adapter from HP" every start up - Hopefully it will be fixes with an update by HP in future.

kind regards,

FischSe

Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 7,549 488 959
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation