Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen Accelerator thunderbolt 3 to USB

HP Recommended
15-bw051nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I  am a pretty active gamer and wanna step it up a bit 🙂

I now own a 15-bw051nb and I want to be able to play games such as Rainbow Six Siege and DOOM but cant because my GPU can't handle it, so I was thinking of buying a HP OMEN Acellerator but on the site it says that it connects with a thunderbolt 3 adapter, but my laptop doesnt have this. Would it be smart to use a Female Thunderbolt 3 to USB? Or would this affect the efficiency of the product?? 

I hope someone has an answer to this, if its possible I'll probably buy the product 😄

-TaigerForce-

1 REPLY 1
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,677 12,431 1,308 4,305
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HEllo @TaigerForce

Your laptop does not have Thunderbolt, therefore no adapter in the world will make it work. It has to be physically wired to do so from the motherboard. Im sorry.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation