Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Accelerator GA1-1000ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I got a new LenovoThinkpad T580 and ordered the HP omen Accelerator GA1-1000ng. I set up everythink as described in hp.com/go/omenga1-10

My Thunderbolt Firmware is 14.00 and Windows was delivered with Thundebolt software version 17.3.73.350. In the link above HP recommends Version 16.3.61.275. Currently Windows is also able to install 17.3.74.400 through Windows Updates. 

I installed the NVIDA GTX 1060 in the accelerator, and connected power and thunderbolt to pc. At the first time I connected the accelerator with my T580, I saw that the screen blacked out after a second. The red lights in the accelerator turn on.

I tried with each Thundebolt software listed above, but the accelerator is not recognized by the operating system. I also tried it with a blank windows installation on the same pc. 

There is no Thunderbolt device listed in the software. There are also no additional devices listed in device manager. 

Any ideas how I get the accelerator working with my ThinkPad?

Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLVED!

After installing the current firmware (0126) and a new thunderbolt software (17.4.77.400) everything works fine with the Lenovo Thinkpad T580.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello again,

I had a nice call with the German tech support today.

The guy there said, that the Omen Accelerator has issues with the 8th generation of Intel's i7 CPU.

A firmware update should solve my problem. But to make the update I need a connection to a pc.

Tomorrow I will try to connect and update the firmware with a 6th generation i7 and post an update here for the results.

HP Recommended

SOLVED!

After installing the current firmware (0126) and a new thunderbolt software (17.4.77.400) everything works fine with the Lenovo Thinkpad T580.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.