Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen GA1-10 Accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Right, let's start by saying I am really stupid. I get that now but I still need help, please, if anyone can.

I have purchased the HP Omen GA1-10 Accelerator and a new graphic's card based on website reviews, youtube videos and owning a somewhat old but usable pc. The problem is I don't really understand much about PC stuff and I didn't notice anywhere (reviews, how to's, videos) that it worked through the thunderbolt conection.

Is there any way, at all, to use the Omen Accelerator without having a thunderbolt port on my PC?

Again, I know i'm stupid but it's really not that old of a system, just terrible graphics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @ezrack.

I read the specifications for your AIO carefully.  I am sorry to say that there doesn't appear to be a way to add a Thunderbolt adapter.  There is no manufacturer making adapters for USB 3.0 to Thunderbolt at this time.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ezrack, welcome to the forum.

Hey, don't beat yourself up too badly. :Wink:   We have all made mistakes; especially when it comes to technology.  Everything changes so quickly.  As my moto states, Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes.

If you will provide me with the make/model of the computer I will try to help you figure out how to make the Accelerator work.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the kind message.

The PC I have is an Acer Aspire ZC-107. It is an all-in-one system and has been upgraded to Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @ezrack.

I read the specifications for your AIO carefully.  I am sorry to say that there doesn't appear to be a way to add a Thunderbolt adapter.  There is no manufacturer making adapters for USB 3.0 to Thunderbolt at this time.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.