katiefjenkins
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen text is fuzzy

HP Recommended
HP Omen 27"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got a new laptop (Dell Latitude 7480) and ever since my HP Omen monitor has displayed fuzzy text. It did not do this with my old laptop, which was the same model. 

My resolution on the monitor is set to 1920x1080 and size of text is 100%, both of which are marked as recommended in the settings. 

Is there an auto-focus or manual focus option somewhere on the monitor settings? I couldn't find it. I played with the sharpness settings, but that did not work.

1 REPLY 1
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 400
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @katiefjenkins,

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, you are seeing fuzzy text on HP Omen Monitor.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

How is the monitor connected to your laptop (Which cable)?

I have few troubleshooting steps: 

Perform restore factory defaults on Monitor:

Use the on-screen display (OSD) menu to adjust the screen image based on your viewing preferences. You can access and make adjustments in the OSD using the buttons on the rear of the monitor. To access the OSD and make adjustments, do the following:

1. If the monitor is not already on, press the power button to turn on the monitor.

2. To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button on the rear of the monitor.

3. To navigate through the OSD menu, press the Plus button on the rear of the monitor to scroll up, or the Minus button to scroll down.

4. To select an item from the OSD menu, use the Plus or Minus buttons to scroll to and highlight your selection, then press the OK button to select that function.

5. Adjust the item using the Plus or Minus buttons to adjust the scale

> Select Management (Management Returns all OSD menu settings to the factory default settings.)

Once completed, check the quality of the display. 

For more troubleshooting steps, refer to this article: Click Here

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation