Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having the same problem as everyone else with AMD x570 motherboard ... It wont connect on any rear usb ports.  It connects on front port but sound cutting in and out and crashes.  HP are you aware of this major unacceptable problem and are you ever going to fix it? 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Claybomb

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with Reverb G2.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i did that twice and got no help from technical support

i had issues connecting it since the beginning and i never could have it working without any issues since purchase.

it does need me to manually push the Holo device Driver on the device. 

and then it keeps installing and uninstalling "USB 2.0 Realtek Audio" as soon as the headset is connected. 

even if i use a separate headset ( which is a nonsense an totally unacceptable for a 1000$ CDN device ), 

the installation and uninstallation of the audio device keeps bugging even if disabled, uninstalled, ... 

my old computer has a B350 chipset, and i don't have these issues. 

my reverb G2 is working on my previous computer, so it is not defective or misbehaving. 

however, it is a lack of support from HP for a complete generation of hardware. 

many months waiting for endless deception is what you get for buying a device in a "prototype" 

stage functionnality. 

this issue is ongoing for a year now. 

i bought an oculus Quest 2 for less than half the price, it works... and also was available.

i'm thinking about selling my headset to someone else... 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with the HP Rverb G2 and my Gigabyte Aorus Elite (X570) motherboard.
The solution is found was to in the BIOS to force the PCIe to GEN 3 (and not leave it at AUTO)
I found it is the video link below
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTw5ClFuF8Y

HP Recommended

Doesn't work on my board. 

Lastest agesa ... Tried all bios. Actually on A91 beta bios AMD Is actually saying the next bios should fix usb glitches. And many say it's a complex issue involving gpu bandwidth... But i can't unsee my oculus quest 2 is working fine and never had a glitch and is working on all usb ports without any specific driver so... It is clearly something that could have been avoided at design level or with a device driver/ firmware

i've seen it already... I even though about installing my ryzen 1700 into my x570 motherboard to disable gen4 from working at the first place... I suspect the setting in bios to not limit the GPU bandwidth correctly or to keep gen3 total bandwidth at gen4 full clock. Causing irregular flow / pauses 

For your fix... 

Reverb g2 wouldn't even start if i don't use gen3. It entirely crashes within a minute of wmr launch ... So i'm already sacrificing my pci gen4 bandwidth only to see through the lens.. if might be working on some gigaByte or asus. But it's still bugged on my MSI MEG x570 Unify. 

Amd is actually anouncing a fix with next agesa. 

HP Recommended

HI All,

MSI X570 Tomahawk 

3700X

6800XT

I was having sound issues with the G2 bouncing between the headset and the desktop.

I happened to have a Startech USB 3.0 PCIe card PEXUSB3S25 that I used to fix another problem on an old PC.

I installed the PCIe card and drivers and used the USB adaptor that came with the G2.

Initially I got a 7-15 error,  so I uninstalled the Startech driver and Windows automatically installed a windows driver.

Bingo, sound is now sorted.

Hope this helps someone.

HP Recommended

HP Reverb G2 and Gigabyte Auros Elite (X570) motherboard - my workaround these last months was BIOS setting; PCIE to GEN 3
Now after updating my BIOS (toF33g) which included this improvement (AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.1 Patch )

No more problems!!!
check your motherboard BIOS updates!

HP Recommended

Please let me know how did you solve this issue? and If you are still looking for the solution, let me know whenever you got the solution😚

Thank you in advance

HP Recommended

no solution found. 

tried Agesa 1.2.0.1 patch A Beta bios for MSI MEG X570 Unify 

it did allow the headset to be able to launch with wmr without having to disable PCI-e gen 4 in Bios. 

but it doesn't fix the main issue / haing no reliable sound from the headset. 

I'm waiting for AGESA 1.2.0.2 full bios, which is supposed to be able to fix the sub USB2 hub from a USB3 stream

another solution would be to use other hardware. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

First off Hp Support waste of time..

Specs

Asus Prime X570-P

AMD 3700X.

64GB DDR RAM

RTX 2060 Super.

Was bought a G2 Reverb as present from the wife, Would not work, tried everything. Connected to my Intel based laptop no issues so knew it wasn't a dud headset or cable.

Read on a few forums/reddit etc about fitting a powered Pci-e USB card. As I'm based out In Saudi Arabia with work had limited options, so purchased a Yeeliya 3A1C PCI-e card with 4x usb and 1 x Usb c ports and powered of a spare sata cable from the local computer souk.

Installed, checked drivers on device manage, connected headset and bam all working as advertised.

worth giving it a try if your headsets still not working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.